Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner Few Questions

luckyfrank

Hello guys im a proud new owner of a altezza turbo just a little concerned about a couple of things

This is the car i bought except the garage removed the suspension adjuster as he said i wouldnt need it in ireland and the gauge is gone thats to the right of the steering wheel for some reason

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/Altezz...rt?channel=CARS

The oil level gauge i think its the one at the top of the 3 mini gauage that sits in the rev chronometer is telling me that its low now the car had just being serviced i was told the oil was changed and new oil filter put on by the garage ive checed it for oil but it seems ok

Seconadly what is the correct oil pressure for a altezza turbo while idleing mine is usally around 3 but sometime goes to 2 the needle never stays still is this normal

If you have a rev counter as the big dial in the middle you have that TRD instrument cluster, the top one is oil pressure, the middle one is volts and the bottom one is temp. In the standard cluster the oil pressure and temp are reversed.

Mine is N/A with the standard cluster and the oil pressure usually sits a couple of marks above the middle when driving and a couple of marks below the middle when idling. Not sure where the TRD one should normally be, hopefully someone will come by that knows.

Have you tried posting on tezzaworld?

p.s welcome to LOC :D

If you have a rev counter as the big dial in the middle you have that TRD instrument cluster, the top one is oil pressure, the middle one is volts and the bottom one is temp. In the standard cluster the oil pressure and temp are reversed.

Mine is N/A with the standard cluster and the oil pressure usually sits a couple of marks above the middle when driving and a couple of marks below the middle when idling. Not sure where the TRD one should normally be, hopefully someone will come by that knows.

Thats worrying tbh i have a oil pressure gauge sitting on the dash thats telling me the pressure usually 2 or 3 pa when idleing and the one in the revcounter is usally on the L so its saying ive no pressure ??????

The one on the dash i think is accurate it goes up when i drive and stays at a constant level when driving yet the other one reads its empty or low

Thats worrying tbh i have a oil pressure gauge sitting on the dash thats telling me the pressure usually 2 or 3 pa when idleing and the one in the revcounter is usally on the L so its saying ive no pressure ??????

The one on the dash i think is accurate it goes up when i drive and stays at a constant level when driving yet the other one reads its empty or low

If you got one on the dash the one on the cluster is probably not connected so wouldn't worry about it reading L!

Are you sure that the guage on the dash is reading pascals, 3 pa would be mega low ther must be some multiplication factor in there!

If you got one on the dash the one on the cluster is probably not connected so wouldn't worry about it reading L!

Are you sure that the guage on the dash is reading pascals, 3 pa would be mega low ther must be some multiplication factor in there!

Yeah its x 100 or 1000 phew so you think the one on the in the cluster is not connected thats a relief i wasnt sure if it was oil pressure or oil level i was confused as to why it was moving from middle to L Another question for you mate there is 100km on the clock what kinda service should i get for the car a pre sale service that mine got wouldnt have done much would it ?

Here's the service schedule for an IS200 - http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/DataB...0MaintSched.jpg

An Altezza will be similar minus the cam belt. That should be done at 100K rather than 150K.

Assuming your car hasn't had the 75/80K done in Japan then I'd changing your fuel filter. 90K would have been to replace the spark plugs, air filter, brake, diff & transmission fluids. It's more than likely it wasn't done either.

If you're going to change fluids then I recommend using fully synthetic & make sure use the correct GL rating. GL4 in the 6MT & GL5 in the diff.

sir,

congrats on your purchase.

when i get to england (yes i see you are in ireland) i will be interested to see your car among others i have noticed here on the forum.

as far as i know, the Altezza was never sold from Toyota with a factory Turbo option. It looks to me like you have the Trust/Greddy turbo kit.

if these are true statements, then the person who put the kit on probably changed the head gasket to lower the compression on the motor.

or the individual may have even bought the TODA or JUN stroker kit which changes the displacement from 2.0 to 2.2 Litres, and also lowers the compression ratio.

the stock compression on the BEAMS 3S-GE is 11.5:1

so if you were forcing induction with a turbo charger or supercharger the boost pressure would have to be really low or you would blow something somewhere.

the Toyota mkII MR2 came with a 3S-GTE running 12-15 psi with 8.5:1 compression ratio stock. (that is off the top of my head, check to make sure)

that being said, your timing belt (cam belt) was most likely changed when the head was removed/reinstalled, or engine removed to put stroker kit in.

your best bet would be to go to tezza world, i am sure one of those guys would be willing to look at your car and let you know what is up.

i would find out your compression ratio and engine displacement and go from there.

hope this helps a little,

jeremiah

p.s. post some pictures of the engine for us would ya? is there a drooling smiley?

if you have paid for the car advertised in the photos who is the garage to decide if YOU need the suspension adjustor and guage or not??? sound to me they have taken them off and sold to someone else as individual units......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links