Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Poor Fuel Ecomonyon My Sg56 Axy Is220d

Hi There

I was wanting members views/ Advice on the Poor MPG problem.

I have had my car since july this year and so far it has been in garage an number of times.

1> Rear mirror replaced (Vibration Fault)

2> Boot Adjusted.

3> Edge of boot resprayed as was rubbing on bumper.

4> New clips for internal roof material as they came away.

When I picked vehicle up I was averaging around 38 MPG. This has gradually decreased to around 29 - 30 MPG

I took it into garage a few weeks back to get it checked. along with handbrake/gear checked. They test drove it for 10 mins and said they got 38 - 40 MPG on dual carriageway , and 32-34 MPG around the streets. They done this by resetting counter at start of each journey. and 32 was a reasonable MPG for Combined. They said I could book car in for a 3 day period so they could check car MPG over time and I could compare it to the Courtesy car. I arranged this. On the other Issue they said.

Gearbox = Normal for IS220

Handbrake= Normal It should be on atleast 5 clicks. Off I toddled.

Update

Rang garage for an update

They have advise they are getting 35 mpg on a 10 mile journey. I advised them I was getting 38 on courtesy car over 2 day period without resseting counter. so this was a difference of 9 MPG over the same journey. They said That although they were both IS220 mine was 56 plate theirs was 09 plate so I could not use it as a comparison. I asked then why suggest it.

What are your views. :question:

I had a loan IS220 when my IS250 was in for warrenty work .I got 40 mpg on trip back from dealer but subsequently this went down to 28 mpg around town etc .It was 09 car .All in all averaged 32 mpg for 3 weeks I had it .!!!!The moral ....dont believe all you hear about mpg .A friend bought passat 1.9 tdi because he wanted good mpg but after a few weeks he realised if he drove it hard he fgot less than 30mpg .So again the moral ......it depends on your right foot and driving style .

I just forget about it and enjoy the ride!!!

I had a loan IS220 when my IS250 was in for warrenty work .I got 40 mpg on trip back from dealer but subsequently this went down to 28 mpg around town etc .It was 09 car .All in all averaged 32 mpg for 3 weeks I had it .!!!!The moral ....dont believe all you hear about mpg .A friend bought passat 1.9 tdi because he wanted good mpg but after a few weeks he realised if he drove it hard he fgot less than 30mpg .So again the moral ......it depends on your right foot and driving style .

Yeah well

Just dissapointed on the whole with the quality of vehicle and service from Dealership. I was expecting a bit better on both. Out of curiosity what MPG did you get on the 250

Yeah well

Just dissapointed on the whole with the quality of vehicle and service from Dealership. I was expecting a bit better on both. Out of curiosity what MPG did you get on the 250

I get around 40plus on motorway/town run but around 28 to 32 mpg on total town work .!!!!As has been said here many times ..................the 250 is a much nicer drive in auto !!

The Sooner Lexus Discontinue Diesel the Better IMO.

I Have a GS300.........Ave 32MPG, not driving mad....but not driving like miss daisy either.

On a Holiday run I generally get between 35-38 MPG.

Well I have been using courtesy car for 3 days which is an 09 IS220d and was getting arounbd 40 MPG on my normal journey. But was told that I could not use this as a comparison, even though this was the garages suggestion. Well I picked up my car last nignt and no paper work to tell me what was done about the various problem I took it in for, by the by. any after being told by garage they were getting 35 -38 on mpg on the AVG MPG display. Guess what turned on engine and up came AVG display showing 32.4 MPG I am loosing faith in this dealership.

I'm sorry to say this but you're not the first person to complain on here about poor fuel economy - Lexus's first foray into diesels was not a good one based on reviews on here, and it appears the IS250 auto is a much better package.

I can't see things improving a lot, so you'll either have to put up with the economy as it is, or swap to a 250 which I'm sure you'll be a lot happier with.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links