Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Immobilised Roadworthy Is200

Another plea to the gurus if they'e around?

Took my beloved X Reg IS200 for it's MOT this evening. Of course it sailed through.

Paid the man his money and the car was driven round to the front for me to collect.

Received the keys, jumped in, key in the ignition - won't turn! Several attempts - nope - check remote functions - key lights up - no familiar clunking from the locks, no hazard lights flashing. Tried several combinations - zilch. Great -a new MOT with a car that's going nowhere.

Hoped faulty key? Called in the wife as reinforcements (her in her happily running Picanto - ouch!) but with my service key (with a new battery) on her key set. Tried it -zilch!!

So thinking ECU, immobilisor interlock? Any suggestions - apart from matches, petrol...

Sincerely appreciated - though I know the humour that heading my way...

the OP said the key wont turn......

your lock barrel is stuffed - give it a good hsarp tap with a drift and a hammer and it should shock it free........ now go to the dealer and order a new lock barrel to match your existing key - it will be about £80.... if the dealer says they cant do it then get them to call HQ as many have had it done and not all dealers know it is possible.

your lock barrel is stuffed - give it a good hsarp tap with a drift and a hammer and it should shock it free........ now go to the dealer and order a new lock barrel to match your existing key - it will be about £80.... if the dealer says they cant do it then get them to call HQ as many have had it done and not all dealers know it is possible.

I thought that at first, but don't think that's the problem based on the comments he's made after that sentence......think it should have said "won't turn over"

Hopefully he can clarify though :)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that at first, but don't think that's the problem based on the comments he's made after that sentence......think it should have said "won't turn over"

Hopefully he can clarify though :)

My thanks to all who replied!

Problem solved.. and the winner is..Rob!!

Turned out that a pin had come loose in the lock barrel causing the lock to be stuck in the accessory position which means that the immobiliser/remote become inactive. Green flag garage in Aylesbury who towed the car (ouch.. a Lexus being towed..) picked it up quickly. Repair was with a barrel so saving was good.

Thanks again for contributions. May the following winds of good fortune never blow your tyre smoke in your window..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links