Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Lights Out On Dash

likewise... don't really trust myself to rip everything out and go mad with a soldering iron... would rather someone familiar with the job had a look.

Problem is I live in rural northumberland... how far would I have to travel to see this man?

many thanks

likewise... don't really trust myself to rip everything out and go mad with a soldering iron... would rather someone familiar with the job had a look.

Problem is I live in rural northumberland... how far would I have to travel to see this man?

many thanks

You dont have to travel anywhere for this man!!

ten minutes taking the instrument cluster out, only have to be really careful when sliding it out so the screen doesnt get scratched, but its not brain surgery and is ok for amateurs like ourselves to do.

then you can send it in the post (forget royal mail for now eh?) take it into work & use TNT or the likes of proper next day transport firms. (around 10-20quid usually)

i got mine back within 3 days - DO NOT EVEN PUT THE KEY IN IGNITION, NEVER MIND TURN IT, as this will set off the airbag light and a £100 bill from the garage to reset it.

Dont think you ring him, search for 'instrument cluster' on this forum and you will find a post with his details on.

many thanks

Hi Guys ........ I have tracked him down and he is fixing my dash lights tomorrow.

He is just off the M3 motorway and can be contacted on chrisvince@btopenworld.com

Good luck

Malc

Not too far down into Hampshire I would guess ... Jct 4A of the M3.

And I understand he does all sorts of stuff too including the climate control and time clock screens.

I didn't get that fixed on my 1991 LS400 as I didn't know of him before I bought my " new " 1994 LS400 two years ago now.

By the way I have just bought a new Battery with a 4 yr warranty for mine from an on-line company .. The Battery Shack ................ excellent service and price too.

I paid £60 all inclusive but they have just ( the following week ) put the price up to £61.98. It's a 90 AH Battery and out of the Hyundai / Kia Battery factory I think where I would imagine they might be " original " equipment and we all know they give a 6 year warranty on their cars !

Only time will tell if it's a good one or not.

Malc

You know when the weather's getting colder with the onset of winter when the LS400 dash problems reappears.

All fixed and done in super quick time at Chris's place ................. nice chap to chat with too and the coffee is just what I needed after a 2 hr journey.

Lights are bright now and instant ..... I guess like new.

Thanks Chris

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links