Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Key Sync Just Wont Work

allot

Just bought a new 'complete' key of eBay and got it cut. It seems that I cannot get the remote to work with my car at all. The key is/looks brand new. I have tried around 4 variations of the key programming guides (both on this forum and external forums) and it just will not work. I get to the step where you prepare the car and enter the combition on your fob and absolutely no reponse or sync up. They just dont want to talk :(

Has anyone with the same or similar spec car (2004 54 is200SE) got it to work with theirs? I know that based on the year there are a few differences in the steps taken to get it to work but despite every varition tried, nothing.

Please help !

I 'too' have a IS200SE 2004 54 plate. Came with a single Master. Got a blank of eBay, cut by Timpsons.

This worked (80 seconds is a looong time, be patient) for my immobiliser. Haven't got the remote to work yet so would like to collaborate with you on that front.

See this link wrt Remote: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/attachment...programming.pdf

Press the accelerator and brakes pedals simultaneously ONCE, then release.

Insert your Master Key into the ignition, and turn ON.

Press and release the accelerator FIVE times (within 15 seconds)

Press and release the brake pedal SIX times (within 20 seconds)

Remove the Master key

Insert the new key into the ignition, and turn ON (within 10 seconds)

Press and release the accelerator ONCE (within 10 seconds)

WAIT 80 seconds (or so), the security light should go OFF.

Remove new key, press and release brake ONCE. - Done.

Process.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey VJJ..just got mine working! Both the doors /boot and immoboliser work... turned out to be the transponder type....

As yours too is a 54 2004 model...this is the sequence that i used to get the doors /boot working..Just remember that when in the programming state (step 7 onwards) you can try many keyfob combinations...

Hope it works for you too...

Remote Programming

1. Close and lock all doors. Unlock and open drivers door.

2. Put key into ignition and remove. Do not turn it on.

3. Using the electric lock switch. Lock and unlock 5 times. (Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock)

4. Close and open drivers door.

5. Using the electric lock switch. Lock and unlock 5 times. (Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock)

6. Put key into ignition. Turn to "ON" , turn off and remove.

7. You will see the door locks cycle by themselves.

If the door locks do not cycle (lock and unlock) by themselves then the car isn’t in programming mode and you must start over.

8. On the remote, press and hold the LOCK and the UNLOCK button at the same time for no more than 2 seconds.

9. On the remote, press the LOCK button for no more than 1 second.

AT THIS POINT, the locks should cycle by themselves ONE time. This means the procedure was accepted.

IF the locks cycle twice it has failed.

The most common reason for programming failure is because the car didn’t receive a good signal from the remote. To fix this problem try these tips. 1) Stand outside of the car while you are performing steps 8 and 9. 2) Don’t hold the remote buttons down as long.

As long as the car is still in programming mode you can keep trying steps 8 and 9 until you complete the programming. If you wait too long and the car exits the programming mode then you must start over.

After you get the remote to program then continue on with step 10.

10. Close and open door to end programming procedure.

Hey VJJ..just got mine working! Both the doors /boot and immoboliser work... turned out to be the transponder type....

As yours too is a 54 2004 model...this is the sequence that i used to get the doors /boot working..Just remember that when in the programming state (step 7 onwards) you can try many keyfob combinations...

Hope it works for you too...

Remote Programming

3. Using the electric lock switch. Lock and unlock 5 times. (Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock)

5. Using the electric lock switch. Lock and unlock 5 times. (Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock)

If the door locks do not cycle (lock and unlock) by themselves then the car isn’t in programming mode and you must start over.

8. On the remote, press and hold the LOCK and the UNLOCK button at the same time for no more than 2 seconds.

AT THIS POINT, the locks should cycle by themselves ONE time. This means the procedure was accepted.

The most common reason for programming failure is because the car didn’t receive a good signal from the remote. To fix this problem try these tips. 1) Stand outside of the car while you are performing steps 8 and 9. 2) Don’t hold the remote buttons down as long.

As long as the car is still in programming mode you can keep trying steps 8 and 9 until you complete the programming. If you wait too long and the car exits the programming mode then you must start over.

I also failed to program remote functions on my key, although didn't have any problems with the immobiliser. I simply never reach the self-locking/unlocking state. Seems that I am doing everything as per instructions. Strange.. Any suggestions?..

I also failed to program remote functions on my key, although didn't have any problems with the immobiliser. I simply never reach the self-locking/unlocking state. Seems that I am doing everything as per instructions. Strange.. Any suggestions?..

Aha.. I think I found what I missed. Will have to try that once again:

SET - UP

• Remove the key from the ignition

• Close and lock all doors

Manually unlock and open the driver’s door

how did you get on....

i heard from another member who got keys for his is200 from eBay but they would not work on his car.... something to do with the transponder and the age of his car.... i know you pm ed me about the ones i have. i dont think anybody has had any trouble with them. the most have said they got it working after 1 or 2 tries.

let me know if i can help.

jay

hi guys

jay was probably talking about me

i bought 2 transponders from eBay and none would work , not even to start the car !

the eBay seller ejazz786 or something is the only one who sells these things but i would steer well clear if i was you because he is a jerk when you have problems and will blame you and his not shabby product infact i would like to hear from people who got these working and how cause i suspect not many did ?

I tried every combination of instructions possible and the things (both) would not work then jay russell came to the rescue with a 3 button transponder unit he sent , this one worked like a charm after a few tries so BUYERS BEWARE the transponders on eBay might not work on your IS200 mine was 2005 s by the way

Just a heads up

p.s buy a genuine used is200 key thats a much better bet

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having the same problem (53 plate IS200), i have been losing the keys at a steady rate to the point where my last remaining key was washed and only works some of the time.

I have been buying spares off eBay and now have quite a collection of uncut blades. Got a local shop to cut one (works in the ignition but not the doors) and tried to program it in using the various steps. Tried for ages with the transponder from ejaz0### from eBay with no luck. Tried another transponder from another supplier and have got half of the way there.

Take a look at the transponder, once you open the case, the correct ones need a scredriver to reveal the Battery, and use a 1616 Battery. If it says 'Valeo', probably will not work.

By half of the way, I mean, I can now get the car started but no luck with the remote programming. My progress is as follows:

1. Close and lock all doors. Unlock and open drivers door. DONE

2. Put key into ignition and remove. Do not turn it on. DONE - THIS IS THE MASTER KEY..

3. Using the electric lock switch. Lock and unlock 5 times. (Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock) DONE

4. Close and open drivers door. -DONE

5. Using the electric lock switch. Lock and unlock 5 times. (Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock) DONE

6. Put key into ignition. Turn to "ON" , turn off and remove. DONE - THIS SHOULD BE THE MASTER KEY

7. You will see the door locks cycle by themselves. - YES THEY DO!!

8. On the remote, press and hold the LOCK and the UNLOCK button at the same time for no more than 2 seconds. -NOTHING HAPPENS

9. On the remote, press the LOCK button for no more than 1 second. - NOTHING HAPPENS

I have tried standing outside the car, quck presses, slow presses, everything (I think).

Give me some ponters, please!!!!

Also, a youtube vid would be much appreciated!!

I programmed a transponder today using above guide,once in program mode it worked second try-then the poxy locksmith messed the key cutting bit up so i have to get anather blank and find a better locksmith-moral,,,choose your keycutter wisely(although i thought i had).

Still at least i got the transponder side working and unlocking etc.

The guide above definately works

First of all...Hi!!!

I've seen lots of "Key" threads in the forum so instead of starting a new one I would jump in on this one.

I see people are having some problems coding their cars to the key fobs and some cases car accepting the new key but ignoring the old one. This brings me to me question/questions.

We now know we need the "Master" key (3 buttons) to allowing the coding of new keys to the cars system but I want to know what determines this?

i.e Is it the transponder or module in the key fob or the blade (metal part) of the key that tells the system that the key in use is the master key?

I ask this because I bought my car is200 sport 52 plate and it came with only 1 master key.

So if for example I bought a two button blank and used a lexus module in it. Then had the key cut using my master key as the pattern. Would this new key (if coded to the car) then be a 2 button master?

I'm just wondering because even on flea-bay 3 button blanks are around £50 and 2 buttons are considerably cheaper.

Any light shed on this would be great because my way of thinking is...

It must be the blade that tells the car it is the master.

After-all, you can program any old key up with the master but the system can forget this is the master and needs re-programming but if it's the module that tells the system it's a master this would not happen. AND it would be too easy to code in-proper keys up by using any old master module.

Thanks in advance for more insight on this.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Hi all i got a Valeo key of ebay can do noting with it just a we question if i get a 3botton key out of a smashed is200 can i reprogram it to work on my is200

I would say most probably...YES!!! but don't get the keys quoting canada codes. These have panic written on the "Lock"button. As yet no sequence I am aware of has been succesful on the European Lexus.

I am still trying to find out if the newer is200 (02-06) uses a different transponder than the older versions. (99-02)

As it appears that all the people having trouble coding the cars have newer cars.

Also...When i took my key to be cut the key cutter said he could program my transponder for me. When he tried the machine said the transponder was in-compatible with my key. It too is a Valeo key and I have an 52 car.

Working on confirmation for this but maybe following the above guides and variations you may get somewhere with the Valeo.

Good luck.

Ok so my findings after posting this earlier are...

1.The Valeo key that I possess will not or cannot be coded to my car.

I used this method as all others did nothing in my car...

Key Programming (Starter Chip)

1. Insert an already programmed master key into the ignition. Do not turn.

2. Press and release the gas pedal 5 times.

3. Press and release the brake pedal 6 times.

4. Remove the key from the ignition.

5. Insert the new key you want to program into the ignition.

6. Press and release the gas pedal one time.

7. Wait 1 minute. The security light will be blinking for this one minute. When it stops blinking your key is programmed (Be patient, it'll happen). To end programming step on brake one time.

NOTE: Look for your security light. This light will guide you during the programming procedure. The security light will go off at Step 1. It will remain off until Step 6. The security light will come on and start to blink after Step 6 until the key is programmed. If the security light comes on after Step 4 STOP the procedure and start over again.

If you perform this procedure too slowly your car will not go into programming mode. If you can not get your car to go into programming mode make sure you are using a master key and not a valet key. If you have a master key then you will probably need to perform this procedure more quickly.

Remote Programming

My valeo key would not code the doors nor ignition but.

2. I managed to code an old spare key with 2 buttons that I had from my celica. I managed to code it to start my car,

Still not tracked down a method to get my doors to unlock though.

So I know I am doing the sequences correctly but still no joy in a successful door and car starting key.

AN edit instead of bumping the thread back up.

I have had lots of trouble getting my head around the immobiliser problem until I blundered into this...

Turns out that there are "Two" different transponders. 4c and 4d.

If you look on the back of a new blank key from eBay member ejaz078 or similar it says..."CLBT/C/245/2002" on it. The "C" being the transponder chip id.

It also says on the back of said key that its a DENSO 1512v. This is in-fact A LIE!!! What it actually is, is a VALEO.

The "Valeo" Unit was suppied to the newer model cars. 2003 up I think. And the transponder chip fitted in this unit is a 4"D" chip. Totally uncompatible with our models. Mine being an 02 registered in 03

We really do need the DENSO unit as this is the one with the "4c" chip.

So if you get a key from eBay make sure you ask the seller to confirm that inside his case is a DENSO unit and NOT a VALEO.

I managed to get this info because I was curious to how I managed to code my Gen 7 Celica key to the system and not the Valeo. Turns out the Celica also uses the "4C" chip.

I have now swapped the transponder (a little rectangle with a corner cut off black lump about 8mm long and 4mm wide) out of my 2 button fob and put it in my 3 button fob. Just got to try to work the doors remotely with it now. Hmmm!

• 1 month later...

Could anybody comment, who managed to get the remote function programmed - this is the quote of the procedure to follow:

Remote Programming

The door locks should cycle...

Could anybody comment, which key should I use for steps 2 (red) and 6 (green)? I assume, I should use already programmed key on step 2 and at step 6 I should insert the key, which I want to program. Correct me, if I am wrong. I still haven't managed to get my remote function working.

P.S. If I have already programmed the immobiliser function on my second key, it should be master, shouldn't it? So, couldn't I insert the same key in both steps? So far, I have always inserted different keys.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

1. Start with the driver's door open.

2. Insert a working Master Key (3 button) in to ignition, turn to on, then off and remove.

3. Lock, then unlock all the doors using the POWER LOCK button on the drivers door FIVE times (lock unlock lock unlock lock unlock lock unlock lock unlock)

4. Close drivers door, then re-open.

5. Lock, then unlock another FIVE times, exactly as before.

6. Insert your new key into the ignition and turn to on, then off again and remove.

7. The door locks will then start operating.

8. While they are clicking away,hold down the lock button on the new key and press the unlock button on the key 5 times. Then release and press unlock button once.

9. The doors will lock and unlock once...and you're done!

{{Open/Close door to complete}}

1. Close and lock all doors. Unlock and open drivers door. DONE

2. Put key into ignition and remove. Do not turn it on. DONE - THIS IS THE MASTER KEY..

3. Using the electric lock switch. Lock and unlock 5 times. (Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock) DONE

4. Close and open drivers door. -DONE

5. Using the electric lock switch. Lock and unlock 5 times. (Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock) DONE

6. Put key into ignition. Turn to "ON" , turn off and remove. DONE - THIS SHOULD BE THE MASTER KEY

7. You will see the door locks cycle by themselves. - YES THEY DO!!

Also, a youtube vid would be much appreciated!!

Exactly the same, just won't go into programming mode for the remote functions.

As mentioned, new key has been accepted for the ignition.

Thoughts?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links