Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Instrument Cluster&elec Seat Heater Q's

Hello ! In the process of trying to iron out or overcome some minor issues with my recently acquired LS400 ( 1993 ) I have a question:

- Any chance a 1994 instrument cluster will fit in my 1993 LS400 ? And are there any complications in changing them over ?

And my heated seats don't work, back or front. All fuses are fine and been changed just in case. But wondered if relays or anything are in the habit of failing maybe ?

Cheers for any help or thoughts !

Yes it should fit but make sure the other one is pre October 1994 as that is when the next model came out.

BTW what is wrong with your existing one? If it is not coming on until warmed up or the needles are out they can be fixed.

Also bear in mind the mileage may be different on the odometer.

Dash removal proceedure here

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/electrical/...entcluster.html

Do not switch on the ignition with the dash removed or the Airbag light will come on when you refit the dash and that means another proceedure to turn it off!

The elements in the heated seats do fail on a regular basis.

Thanks for the reply !

I will be obtaining the resistors to fix my own dash as soon as I can, but I need the car daily, and I'm not exactly great with soldering. So I wanted a back up instrument cluster just in case I mess the soldering up, and so I can still use the car while I work on the defunct dash.

Thats annoying with all 4 of the seats not heating up. If the elements have gone in all four seats, that would be a costly and time consuming job to do I bet.

Thanks for tips and link ! See if I can find a definite instrument cluster to fit, but thats what I love about flea Bay, " Lexus LS400 dash", and how many different dashes are there ? .....sigh.... :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links