Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Brake Pad/sensor Trouble

Got new Mintex brake pads for front and rear. (LS400 93 MKll)

Rear wheels off. OS first. Caliper off. One old pad came out easily. The other i cannot get out because of what i take to be the Brake Sensor wire. It seems to be soldered and clipped into the pad. Read in another thread that 50mm on appliance wire will fix.

I took the new pads out of the box but there is no hole at one end for the sensor wire. Otherwise they are the same.

Have i got the wrong rear pads? Can i just snip the wires off the old pads and join them together to close the open curcuit? or is that not a good idea.

Ive had the new fronts out of the box, and although i havent had the old front pads off yet, so cannot tell if they are the same shape, the new ones do have a square shaped hole at one end.

BTW. only got one side off at the rear but one pad was paper thin. As for the other, the friction pad material had parted company from the metal.

Hoping to get it sorted tomorrow so hope you can help.

If you do brake the wire then you can wire the sensor wires together. Make sure that you solder the end and then put some shrinking plastic over that. This will then stop any rooting on the join and also stop the wire touching anything metal on the car which makes the warning lights come on again.

You can just search the net to check the part numbers for your car. Remember the ls400 1993-1994 UCF11 has different size pads to the 1990-1992 model UCF10.

Cheers mate. Thats really halpful. :)

Done Pads on loads of cars in the past so jumped right in last night and took the Whole caliper off.

Then looked at the tutorial. And now your attachment. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

BTW. where did you get the diagram from. Is there a works manual i could get?

Cheers mate. Thats really halpful. :)

Done Pads on loads of cars in the past so jumped right in last night and took the Whole caliper off.

Then looked at the tutorial. And now your attachment. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

BTW. where did you get the diagram from. Is there a works manual i could get?

I downloaded the PDF of somewhere but I cant remember where from. I think I found it on a google search.

There are three manuals available, Vol !, Vol2 and electrical......expect to pay about £150

Expensive but these are not Haynes manuals and the cost soon recovered, usually on

the first job you do yourself!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links