Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, my first time on the LOC, just wanted to say a big thank you for the postings that have saved me hundreds over the past two years on my 93 ls400. Mainly being the power steering pump leak (fixed for £2.30) and the flickering dash (fixed for 20p!) Last week my aerial went up and stayed up, now it just makes a nasty noise without moving. Any ideas, does it need replacing or is there a repair that anyone knows of?

Thanks

Phil

The mast has a toothed nylon tail that the motor uses to wind it up and down, sounds like this may be broken.

The mast [with its tail] often seen on eBay.

No need to replace the whole motor unit unless you want to get one off a scrapper.

Hi,

Welcome on your 1st post

Link below for mast kit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-LS400-LS430-Ae...=item518edb7706

Link below on fitting

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/audio/powerantenna.html

Brilliant, thank you.

Be warned that the eBay ones just don't fit the UCF11 models and you can't modify them to fit. The Base stem is slightly different(doesn't fully close) and the brass ring at the bottom of the mast is different aswell(too wide for the hole).

Check their eBay feedback. I'm on there somewhere saying it doesn't fit.

I've been there and done that with two so called factory fit ones that retail around £14 each.

My top tip is to follow the the link above to remove and find out whats wrong. If it's just the mast nylon teeth then just get one off lexus direct. It worked out cheaper if I have done it that way in the beginning.

I've also bought two used ones and they where not fully working. One wouldn't power up and the other also had a bent base stem so wouldn't fully close.

There is a universal one you can use on eBay for around £20. You will need to get the live and earth out of the lexus factory plug for it to work. A word of warning is that you can't get it to shut unless the key is out as doesn't work off the factory radio. Also the locking nut likes to rust quickly. Mine went after one week and I have to clean it every week before the rust runs down the side of the car.

I've bit the bullet and have ordered a new lexus one. Waiting for it to arrive.

Hi,

Welcome on your 1st post

Link below for mast kit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-LS400-LS430-Ae...=item518edb7706

Link below on fitting

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/audio/powerantenna.html

Brilliant, thank you.

Be warned that the eBay ones just don't fit the UCF11 models and you can't modify them to fit. The Base stem is slightly different(doesn't fully close) and the brass ring at the bottom of the mast is different aswell(too wide for the hole).

Check their eBay feedback. I'm on there somewhere saying it doesn't fit.

I've been there and done that with two so called factory fit ones that retail around £14 each.

My top tip is to follow the the link above to remove and find out whats wrong. If it's just the mast nylon teeth then just get one off lexus direct. It worked out cheaper if I have done it that way in the beginning.

I've also bought two used ones and they where not fully working. One wouldn't power up and the other also had a bent base stem so wouldn't fully close.

There is a universal one you can use on eBay for around £20. You will need to get the live and earth out of the lexus factory plug for it to work. A word of warning is that you can't get it to shut unless the key is out as doesn't work off the factory radio. Also the locking nut likes to rust quickly. Mine went after one week and I have to clean it every week before the rust runs down the side of the car.

I've bit the bullet and have ordered a new lexus one. Waiting for it to arrive.

Thanks for that, I guess like anything, it makes sense to take it apart first.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links