Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Be Aware Of Cooking Times

fil4362

Now the bloody turkey is out of the oven i thought i would get my headlights in and get the chrome and the orange gone.

I have read nearly all of the posts on how to do it all are sound advice. Theres even a video on it i watched. So job done today, just a note to be aware of, the vidoe says 215 degrees for 15 minutes. I have a fan oven and after 5 minutes the head lights started to melt. Luckily i was sat by the oven door like an expectant farther and thanks to the glass door i noticed and pulled them out quick. My advice would be Check check and check again. The second headlight took about 2 minutes to cook enough to pull the lenze of. While the oven was on i baked the paint as i put each coat on 2 coats of etch primer and then 3 coats of satin black was like a convayer belt in and out. Superb mod imo makes the car look more agresive. Just out of interest am i the oldest guy doing mods on here i am 38 and still playing. back lights tomorow fogs to brakes and side lights.

Dam i should have noticed that your right Rob its does actually say 215f. Good job when i put them back togehter i did only put them in at 100C and even that softened up the glue real quick (about 5 mins) enough to squeeze the lenze back on anyway.

Yes i did use body shop grade paint, i got it from my body shop suplier that we get all our paints from. They will supply paint in an aerosol can and even tint it to match paint fade from the sun. Lets just say it was £16 for a can of black and a can of etch primer. So its better be good bloody grade paint, it didnt even smell when i sprayed it. I believe the bodyshop now uses water based paint ??? although i could be wrong i let them do my painting usually but a little job like headlights i dont mind.

I got the LED tail lights ormi not doing anything with them. I wiring up the fog to brake/side lights. I have seen your done i think the same way. I have the origianal rear lights so have the twin element bulb holders from them to use.

By the way love the puddle lights have ordered 2x2 foot neon tubes in white to try same job. May put a shroud over them to only light the bit of the road i want to light. will wire them up and see how they look if i dont like it i can use them as down lights in the boot.

I have some ally front strut tops made just round discs of ally with Lexus cut through them. They be going on tomoz Will post pics if i can find a picture hosting site suitable (currently got the pics on photo bucket but not suitable for this web site i am told) also have some door sill covers made in same way on order also my ally guy has told me recently that he has some 2.25 ally pipe and a big pipe bender and a tig set so i may even have a go at an induction kit. No work for me now until tuesday so may as well get some bits done keep me out of trouble and otu of the wifes way. :shutit:

yip got the full light conversion at the rear,its fully when you see an other lex come up behind you and you see the boy looking all puzzled when he sees your lights

p141109164501.jpg

heres my modded induction kit

p3009092223.jpg

if you look matey i have the strut top covers too.

p300909222301.jpg

and the induction kit when i first got it!!

enginebayk.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links