Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scared Of Wheel Falling Off - Help

legartas

hi mates, happy new year first of all ;]

now with my problem me and my girlfriend (driver) ;] where catching sale in shopp.. and she ran over the bump (big piece of ice) ~50 km/h it was passengers side (left) and believe me it was painful with 18",

ok so nothing happened wheel stayed on nothing went wrong until yesterday 3 days after accident a horrible scraping sound came to me ears from front left side sounds like rubber wearing or metal.. hard to tell and mostly when turning wheel but going over speed bump can hear it to, not that loud though, after small inspection everything looks in place, any idea what wallet to prepare ? and thanks in advance !

could be that the block of ice you drove over has knocked against the shield thingy behind parts of the brake disc. If you whip the wheel off you will see the shield. Make sure its not touching the disc in anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Lexus are all rear wheel drive and dont have c.v. joints. Rubber on metal sound could be broken spring and rubbing on the tyre. first answer sounds best to me something bent the back plate and its now touching the brake disc.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links