Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reg Bulbs

PHILLP

They are a complete pain had to cahnge one of mine the other week.

Open boot and take of the liner on the boot lid. Then there are 4 gold threads with 7or8mm bolts on remove these then this will allow you to remove the boot handle with a bit of a wiggle.

Then the light units slide to one side and come out or a small flat blade screwdriver to help push them to one side so you can get them out helped me.

They are a complete pain had to cahnge one of mine the other week.

Open boot and take of the liner on the boot lid. Then there are 4 gold threads with 7or8mm bolts on remove these then this will allow you to remove the boot handle with a bit of a wiggle.

Then the light units slide to one side and come out or a small flat blade screwdriver to help push them to one side so you can get them out helped me.

Cheers pal, will give it a try!!

Phill

make sure there the right way round ie pos to pos did this one and they didnt work dso had to take it off again to turn them round

stupid me putting it all back together again

When using LEDs, do you find that you get the rear light bulb error indicator lighting up on the dash? Obviously the LEDs have less resistance than standard bulbs, thus triggering the error indicator, but what is strange on my car is that this only lights up about half the time (though the LEDs themselves work fine). Anyone else have this?

Just changed them, took about 1 hour and look brill!

No hazzard sign on the dashboard either

Phill

Phill, what kind of LEDs did you get? I will probably have to dismantle my licence number lights as one of them is falling off (probably broken holder or something) - could be wise to change the original lights at the same time for something more "bling bling" :D

you will only get the error message if you use the led's in the tail lights not the numberplate lights.......

How many would I need to swap them all? 6 of them? I would prefer to find them outside of the UK, like in China or something, as they should be cheaper coming directly from there.

you will only get the error message if you use the led's in the tail lights not the numberplate lights.......

How many would I need to swap them all? 6 of them? I would prefer to find them outside of the UK, like in China or something, as they should be cheaper coming directly from there.

well i have the LED bulbs in my tail lights so two bulbs needed(you have to use resistors to stop the bulb warning light coming on just on the tail lights though)

i have the LED bulbs in my fogs/lights on tail gate so two needed their(i done the light/brake/fog light mod)

and LED number plate lights two needed again.

so six in total i needed for the rear but if your not putting led's in the fog lights you'll only need four...

and i have two in my front side lights.

well i have the led bulbs in my tail lights so two bulbs needed(you have to use resistors to stop the bulb warning light coming on just on the tail lights though)

i have the led bulbs in my fogs/lights on tail gate so two needed their(i done the light/brake/fog light mod)

and led number plate lights two needed again.

so six in total i needed for the rear but if your not putting led's in the fog lights you'll only need four...

and i have two in my front side lights.

Thanks! That explains everything. Did you get white leds for your brake lights for the back? Does it make a positive effect on the brigtness of the brake light? :) Also, are these all bulbs of the same type?

a set of these should work a treat but hunt around theres loads on ebay

ebay

Exactly the same as i got, in fact from the same seller too!

Just 2 bulbs!!

to change,

Remove caps that hold boot carpet on, on the underside of boot.

Remove 4 8mm bolts, 1 on either end (2 total) and 2 from the boot lock (1 on each side).

From outside pull (with force) the strip where the boot lock and reg bulbs are, try and push the bolt threads from behind as this helps.

Pop the reg bulb covers away from body work and the rest you will suss!

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

I had LED taillights for a while before I put on LED number plate lights, without getting the error. And then about a week after putting on the LED number plate lights, I started getting the error indicator lighting up on my dash.

It's odd, because it only lights up about half the time, maybe less. You'd think that if there was an issue with the circuit, the indicator would light up all the time, and that when it does light up, that it doesn't go off again after a while. Don't really know what to make of it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links