Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steering Is Damaged, How Do I Fix It?

a5hl3y2k6

hello with the snow and ice last week i have kerbed my is200 quiet badly to the point where the steering wheel is no longer straight when i am driving in a straight line, i have been advised that it is my N/S Rack end and i have bent it (not visable), I was also told the ends cannot be replaced and i am in need of a complete steering rack. i have uploaded a pic of what is bent and am looking for some advise on what i need to do to fix it. - thanks in advance.

1RWTaS.jpg

whole rack??????nope mate less money and less labour to fit the ends and yes you can get them yes very easy and they are about £40.have a look for is200 parts on eBay seen a few on their. B)

thank you, can you tell me what is needed to do the job part number etc i do have the full workshop manual thanks to a good friend. and im not sure where the part numbers are? unless im missing something . i probably wont do it myself but id like to know. is it a case of bolting off the end swaping it and bolting it back together. or is it a big job strip the rack down jib? if its simple could someone give me a brief guide. and will it need tracking again. thanks.

thanks i may have to order it. i checked my workshop manual looks like you have to remove the entire rack to do it properly. but im sure it can be done with it still in place. please correct me otherwise. or i can hit the existing one with a hammer HARD! to straighten it up :) lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links