Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dam Snow

GWilso

Speaking of steel wheels, I have heard that the steel wheels off a Toyota Avensis will fit the IS200? Can someone confirm this? If so, I might consider getting 2 steel wheels off an Avensis and get some winter tyres fitted on the steelies.

Speaking of steel wheels, I have heard that the steel wheels off a Toyota Avensis will fit the IS200? Can someone confirm this? If so, I might consider getting 2 steel wheels off an Avensis and get some winter tyres fitted on the steelies.

I believe any should be fine as long as hole pattern matches and they are R16 or bigger.

you need 4, not 2

you need 4, not 2

Right, so they will fit (Avensis steelies)?

So, I couldn't drive around with 2 summer tyres on the front (on OEM 17" 5 spoke alloys) and a set of Avensis steelies fitted with winter tyres on the back?

This could get expensive (was thinking of getting a spare winter set)- if it snows heavy again, my IS200 is staying in the garage!

Thanks for the advice, Rob.

Honnestly, it's good that you're thinking of buying wintertyres ("cause they DO make a huge difference), than again, it's stupid to buy only two :unsure:

The rear wheels wil have grip, al looks fine, and suddenly the front is going straight where it shouldn't. The back is pushing the car straight, since they don't know if you wanna go left or right, the front has no grip at all, and just goes straight ahaed, wether you tunr the wheel or not.

Besides, deciding you need wintertures at the back, isn't that enough to make you see your summertyres are just not doing what they should?

I know it's a cost, but I need my car, riding my bike when I can't even leave the street is not an option, and ending up in a ditch, of against a wal or other car is gonna cost much more than a set of wintertyres. And the summertyres aren't used in the meantime, so they don't wear as quickly :winky:

Grtz, Philip!

P.S: I do think steelies of an Avensis do fit, might go and ask a tyre dealer, or Toyota dealer and be sure.

.... Thew only reason that I mentioned that my Winter tyres were on steel rims is because my steel rims came with the van and are rusting nicely.... I had them lying around when I bought the alloys... Surely in the case of the Lex a set of tatty IS wheels could be bought cheaply from the local breakers or on the bay... They fit right on and judging by the number of shunts that there have been this Winter, the wheels should be reasonably plentiful, sor ather than busting a gut to find steel rims, why not just get a cheap set of alloys?

dont boher mate, i have been saying it on here for many many years and each year the same old posts come up that people have crashed the car on ice/snow etc - tough! serves you right i say!

as u say many still think winter tyres are only for snow.. no sympathy from me if the car slides down the road and gets wrecked.

Hi Rob,

can you recommend a good set of winter tyres please?

Cheers :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links