Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Sport Tints

IZZZY

hi guys,

would like your thoughts on the following:

Firstly I plan to tint the front two windows on the is 200 sport.. the rears are obv tinted as standard...but would it look better with front tinted too?

also what are the chances the cops will pull me over and fine me or ask me to get them off??? any experiences??

secondly anyone know the how dark the standard tints are on a sport? i know its not limo black.. im guessing its light smoke?

General advice would also be greatly appreciated.

ta

hi guys,

would like your thoughts on the following:

Firstly I plan to tint the front two windows on the is 200 sport.. the rears are obv tinted as standard...but would it look better with front tinted too?

also what are the chances the cops will pull me over and fine me or ask me to get them off??? any experiences??

secondly anyone know the how dark the standard tints are on a sport? i know its not limo black.. im guessing its light smoke?

General advice would also be greatly appreciated.

ta

i have always had the fronts tinted on all of my cars. on my previous car i had it limo on the back window then a bit lighter for the back and a little lighter on the front. this gives it a nice shade effect from dark to light. as for the police bit it depends on the area u live in. i have drove for 2 years where i live with tinited out windows on the front which only lets in 30% light.

Cops given up on the lads in liverpool eh :lol:

they dont really bother that much because they make you take it off then you have to go police station show your car, week later tints are back on again! lol it just wastes their time!

also cops round here have their own personal cars tinted to the max!

i had the fronts tinted light smoke on my old golf v6. yep they pulled me over, slapped me with a £60 fine and i had to take my car to the station within 7 days to show i had removed them. on top of that ITV news were there and i got my 5 seconds on fame on t.v for it aswell.lol

i had the fronts tinted light smoke on my old golf v6. yep they pulled me over, slapped me with a £60 fine and i had to take my car to the station within 7 days to show i had removed them. on top of that ITV news were there and i got my 5 seconds on fame on t.v for it aswell.lol

they gave you the fine and made you take the tinits off?

a few of my friends have just been asked to take it off an go to police station and no fine! lol

Anybody know if the windows have to be taken out for tinting, e.g. the windscreen removed? I ask this because my IS200 has a slightly tinted screen - the first owner had this done. There may be an issue with a slight screen leak upsetting the electrics - see the 'Headlamps staying on' thread!

Anybody know if the windows have to be taken out for tinting, e.g. the windscreen removed? I ask this because my IS200 has a slightly tinted screen - the first owner had this done. There may be an issue with a slight screen leak upsetting the electrics - see the 'Headlamps staying on' thread!

i have never got the windscreen tinted, but i have had all of my cars tintend and the windows have never been took out.

it is illegal to tint the front screen.

this is why rule of thumb for sun strips is above the wiper marks

u have to have something like 80% light penatration on the driver and passanger front doors thats why u get pulled and yes it should be by law a 60 fine and the removal of the tints

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links