Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service Costs

Hello All

I'd be grateful for anyones comments/experience regarding servicing costs of an IS200.

I've been quoted £730+ by Hatfield dealer for its 6 year full service in february.

Having only done c.37000 miles this seems a bit steep and am contemplating using one of the nationwide servicing sites. I wondered if anyone has had experience of using any of them, for example Autocentre or ServicingStop or some other that could be recommended.

Also is it really necessary to replace all the fluids for a low mileage that the the dealer reckons need doing?

Thanks for any feedback

Steve

If that price includes the cambelt change which is due at 60k miles or 6 years, whichever comes first, then that's good for a Lexus dealer.

The 60k service is one of the most expensive, had it and the cambelt done by an independent last year and it was a bit cheaper than Lexus but still came to over £900

There's a discussion HERE that might help

Welcome to LOC by the way..!

If that price includes the cambelt change which is due at 60k miles or 6 years, whichever comes first, then that's good for a Lexus dealer.

The 60k service is one of the most expensive, had it and the cambelt done by an independent last year and it was a bit cheaper than Lexus but still came to over £900

Thanks Atce4 for the feedback - i'm still finding my way round so didnt see the existing post.

Looks like i need to check with the dealer if cmbelt is included and decide then what to do

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Thanks Atce4 for the feedback - i'm still finding my way round so didnt see the existing post.

Looks like i need to check with the dealer if cmbelt is included and decide then what to do

Cheers

Hello again

Just an update following my service (looking for sympathy i think!) which ended up at £1700+ rather than the £400+ i was expecting. This included changing the cambelt + two front discs/pads and leaking shocks. It would have been more if i'd included the spark plugs but managed to talk the dealers out this extra £250.

So i was a bit disappointed with this - I'd always thought Lexus were good on quality but i'm having my doubts now

- is replacement of discs due to lipping something i can expect after the next 37000 miles i wonder. This is the first time in 35 years of driving this has been necessary and my wife and aren't the boy/girl racer types !

It didnt help either that they changed the wipers rubbers because they were smearing - something that i think would have been rectified by a good clean and wasnt particularly noticable anyway

So not a good experience and one that makes me consider moving to another maker for our next replacement

Anyway enough of my moans.

I'd be interested in other peoples experience of having to replace discs so early - was i unlucky or is it common?

Cheers

Steve

Cheers

Hello again

Just an update following my service (looking for sympathy i think!) which ended up at £1700+ rather than the £400+ i was expecting. This included changing the cambelt + two front discs/pads and leaking shocks. It would have been more if i'd included the spark plugs but managed to talk the dealers out this extra £250.

So i was a bit disappointed with this - I'd always thought Lexus were good on quality but i'm having my doubts now

- is replacement of discs due to lipping something i can expect after the next 37000 miles i wonder. This is the first time in 35 years of driving this has been necessary and my wife and aren't the boy/girl racer types !

It didnt help either that they changed the wipers rubbers because they were smearing - something that i think would have been rectified by a good clean and wasnt particularly noticable anyway

So not a good experience and one that makes me consider moving to another maker for our next replacement

Anyway enough of my moans.

I'd be interested in other peoples experience of having to replace discs so early - was i unlucky or is it common?

Cheers

Steve

if you had looked at other servicing posts mate you could have went to toyota cheaper labour rate and cheaper parts(they are the same parts too)if you read the post below yours about servicing.......

also you dont change disks for lipping you change them if they are below min thickness!!

£250 for spark plugs fact plugs are £10 each so were's the other £190 going???the plugs are part of the servicing costs so you shouldn't have to pay extra!!!!!!

i think this lot have bent you over and given you a good seeing too with out even taking you out for dinner first!!!!!!!!

yep as above - ask them to explain the £250 cost for the plugs, and did they ask you before changing the pads and discs??? lexus make a fortune when changing disks on the labour rate, it takes a maximum of 30 mins to change the discs and pads inc taking the wheels off! but you get chanrged the full hour.

yep as above - ask them to explain the £250 cost for the plugs, and did they ask you before changing the pads and discs??? lexus make a fortune when changing disks on the labour rate, it takes a maximum of 30 mins to change the discs and pads inc taking the wheels off! but you get chanrged the full hour.

mate you dont just get charged an hour for disks and pads...........you get charged an hour and a half!!!!!!!!

They charged me £360 for front discs and pads, but i just needed it doing at the time and didn't want to loose another day off work

Still having seen them for £40 on eBay I wish i would have given them a shot myself :tsktsk:

They charged me £360 for front discs and pads, but i just needed it doing at the time and didn't want to loose another day off work

Still having seen them for £40 on eBay I wish i would have given them a shot myself :tsktsk:

pads and disk fitting is easy jack up the car remove the wheel remove the 14mm flip the caliper up and off then remove the two 17mm remove the pad holder remove disk then rebuild its simple.

• 2 months later...

I have booked my car in this Friday for it's 60K service at Lexus Sidcup. I have an 05 plate IS200 Navigator

They have quoted me a price of £650 including the spark plugs and Cam belt change and £27 for the MOT.

Apparently they are doing a special price on services for all IS models.

Lexus Woodford qouted me nearly £900

lexus woodfords price was quite competative for lexus tbh - sidcup sounds cheap to me tbh-have you gone through exactly what they are doing ie full 60k service plus cambelt and then are they including the two tensioners at @ £100 which usually after investigation get replaced as well as bypass hose and gaskets @ £24 and also they will look at waterpump which is in the same area @ £130 - sounds like youve got a good deal which is nice to hear but make sure theyre doing the full service ie brake fluid change,pollen filter,diff oil,gearbox oil/fluid and be aware as im sure they have discussed with you of possible variables in the bill - i used lexus for my 60k service and cambelt etc and got the lot for £850 inc vat a few months ago and was very impressed with the service i got and the work they did as im sure you will be - definately worth haggling and asking around for the best price tho - well done

• 2 weeks later...

isn't the cambelt meant to be changed @ 100k miles or after 10 years... its in my service book...

It's changed mate, needs replacing every 60k/6 years (whichever comes first). Why has it changed? A few cambelts on the IS200's have snapped before getting to 100k/10 years.

Play it safe and get the cambelt changed every 60k/6 years.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links