Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello ladies and gents,

I've not been around for a real long time, been loving the IS and had no faults lol!!

So our IS goes in on Saturday to be replaced with a GS 450H on a '58 plate :)

I've got to say that looking at all the normal regular motors of this size did nothing for me, the GS and Lexus are just to well built and with all the toys :) :)

Pics after the weekend and if anyone has any thoughts, then cool :)

You haven't missed much. Apparently Lexus are dropping the IS diesel from the range in 2011 - according to a certain poster which confirms the old adage, it's not what you know but who you know.

Seem to be less complaints about the newer 220d's and 250 Auto owners seem as happy as ever.

Welcome back.

You haven't missed much. Apparently Lexus are dropping the IS diesel from the range in 2011 - according to a certain poster which confirms the old adage, it's not what you know but who you know.

Seem to be less complaints about the newer 220d's and 250 Auto owners seem as happy as ever.

Welcome back.

Exiled- Are the facelift 220d's and 250s alot better made than the pre facelift models in terms of rattles. I ask because i had a 09 220d courtesy car last week and the drivers side vent was rattling. Or is this an exception

Exiled- Are the facelift 220d's and 250s alot better made than the pre facelift models in terms of rattles. I ask because i had a 09 220d courtesy car last week and the drivers side vent was rattling. Or is this an exception

The current IS range has been on the go for about 5 years. You would hope that the longer in the tooth it gets the better built it would be as known faults or weaknesses should be rectified.

I've only had my 250 auto since October and so far it hasn't missed a beat, no rattles or anything at all to complain about. I drove one on a few occasions before buying so had a fair idea what I was getting but it has exceeded my expectations. There were one or two mods. to the 2009 model, one being auto-locking and I think auto-folding mirrors on locking the car which for me were plusses. I understand that dealers now know how to cure the dashboard rattles also recent buyers of the 220d seem to be a lot happier than some of the early owners.

Welcome back.

Just to clarify... Lexus have made no official statement as to dropping the the diesel range from 2011. It is a pure rumour. My local Lexus dealer has confimed that they think it is nonsense. I'll wait and see, and believe it only when they make the offical anouncement.

Col.. :winky: :D

Welcome back.

Just to clarify... Lexus have made no official statement as to dropping the the diesel range from 2011. It is a pure rumour. My local Lexus dealer has confimed that they think it is nonsense. I'll wait and see, and believe it only when they make the offical anouncement.

Don't believe dealers! If word got out NO ONE would buy an IS220d! They'd be worthless. Every car you buy you have to sell one day, and if people knew it was going out of production it would tumble in price.

Tango normally has good sources of info.

Welcome back.

Don't believe dealers! If word got out NO ONE would buy an IS220d! They'd be worthless. Every car you buy you have to sell one day, and if people knew it was going out of production it would tumble in price.

Lexus Aberdeen franchise is and has been held for years by the large car group Arnold Clark. Over the years, i have come to know and respect the sales, engineering and service people and hold them in high esteem. If anyone knows what is going on, it is these people. So, although Tango may have heard from the grapevine what may be happening, I prefer to believe the "horses mouth" at present. So, I'll wait for the "official announcment" before panicking.

Col... :winky: :)

Welcome back.

Who knows, it could become a classic!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links