Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

215 40 17 Front 225 45 17 At Back

Felix

Hello guys

just want to share my view on this one with you.

I had a chance to replace all 4 tyres a little ago, and I had a thought if I use 40 at front and 225 at back, would it makes better handling?

so I went ahead and did it.

it has not been a bad idea at all, personally I felt it's at least improved the handling for noticeable amount.

So your views????

Felix

Why would you want to got to a lower profile than OE on the front? Stick to 215/45 R17. As for the rear, 225/45 should be ok on a standard 7" rim but ideally 7.5" would be better suited. Use this handy tyre calculator to help you out http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp

What are you trying to achieve? Are you after more grip? Just get better tyres rather than mucking around trying to fit wider tyres on the standard rims IMO.

Hello guys

just want to share my view on this one with you.

I had a chance to replace all 4 tyres a little ago, and I had a thought if I use 40 at front and 225 at back, would it makes better handling?

so I went ahead and did it.

it has not been a bad idea at all, personally I felt it's at least improved the handling for noticeable amount.

So your views????

Felix

em all wrong mate............and will prob look odd.

you should have ran 215 45 17 front and 225 40 17 at the rear why because the rear tyre is wider so you can drop a size in profile and due to the tyre being wider even though you have a 40 profile on the rear it will look the same(the profile will be the same hight front and rear) as the front profile.

but as said why muck about with the sizes when you can just get better tyres.

he he he....

thanks for your points. does make me think again. the car looks OK to me, maybe not in your eyes. to change them again? not for now, I may just use them for next 18K then try your idea next time around.

penny for your thoughts.....

Felix

You realise there's a 5% difference in tyre diameter there?? This will cause issues with your ABS & TRC.

Change your fronts to 215/45 to match the 225/45 rears. There's only 1.3% difference then. The AS300 Gita Wagon comes with 225/45 on the rear OE so Toyota/Lexus must think 1.3% difference is acceptable. 5% isn't.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links