Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shame about the spoiler and the nasty twin aerials!

The first time it was on, about 2 1/2 years ago, I ended up buying one :)

That inspired me too - plus the episode of Top Gear where James May bought one. :)

Indeed. The aerials especially...

That inspired me too - plus the episode of Top Gear where James May bought one. :)

I was gutted when I saw it was James with the LS400. Lovely chap & all that, and I can just imagine him owning one, but you can't help but wish that it was Clarkson or Hammond who had the LS... at least they'd have put their bloody foot down when doing the chase!

There's definitely an anti-Lexus bias on Top Gear and I think the LS (and probably anything with a Lexus badge) will always be stuck with the James May / Alan Partridge sort of image.

Still, we know they're great cars, I suppose that's all that matters!

In the 2008 Clarkson's DVD 'Thriller' he said (before he used it as target practice) that the LS400 was more quiet than a Rolls Royce, he just finds it boring. If reliability and a sublime ride is boring..I'll have boring any day :)

The first time it was on, about 2 1/2 years ago, I ended up buying one :)

Same here i've always liked the LS build quality and spec/performance wasn't till isaw that tp gear episode i ever imagined they'd deprciated so far, was looking at scorpio cosworths before which are sometimes actually more expnive dispite the rust...

Lexus quite simply wasn't on my radar before the Pistonheads Shed-of-the-Week; I'd been looking for something at about £1k to replace my slowly dying Vauxhall Senator, and everything was either unreliable or rusty.... And then there was the LS400...

I already had my Lexus by the time I saw Clarkson drive the one he shot up, and May drive his very very very very very very slowly... but TBH neither would have put me off. We all know James is Cap'n Slow, and Clarkson didn't like it because of the uninvolved handling - and, it has to be said, it's a very unpredictable car when on or near the edge: I don't like to hoon mine too much; although given a nice empty greasy carpark, I've been known to try a few powerslides :D

But really, I need a limited slip diff before I could really start to like the handling.

Lexus quite simply wasn't on my radar before the Pistonheads Shed-of-the-Week; I'd been looking for something at about £1k to replace my slowly dying Vauxhall Senator, and everything was either unreliable or rusty.... And then there was the LS400...

I already had my Lexus by the time I saw Clarkson drive the one he shot up, and May drive his very very very very very very slowly... but TBH neither would have put me off. We all know James is Cap'n Slow, and Clarkson didn't like it because of the uninvolved handling - and, it has to be said, it's a very unpredictable car when on or near the edge: I don't like to hoon mine too much; although given a nice empty greasy carpark, I've been known to try a few powerslides :D

But really, I need a limited slip diff before I could really start to like the handling.

My other car is a '09 Audi R8 V8, but I love my LS400...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links