Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Collecting New 2010 Lexus Is F - Lsd / Hdd / Usb...

3 MSF moves on; I've finally given in, so the 2010 spec. IS F arrives on Saturday in Velvet Black and has a lot to live up to after the Alpina... :winky:

Hope the snow keeps off for a while!

- Mark.

3 MSF moves on; I've finally given in, so the 2010 spec. IS F arrives on Saturday in Velvet Black and has a lot to live up to after the Alpina... :winky:

- Mark.

You will not be disappointed!

[quote name='3 MSF' date='Jan 25 2010, 10:45 PM' post='706498'

IS F arrives on Saturday in Velvet Black and has a lot to live up to after the Alpina... :winky:

- Mark.

It will!

After twenty something years as a BMW man (with two B10s in the mix) I changed just over a year ago because of BMW Finance's response to my request to extend a contract hire deal while I waited for the new V8 engined X6 I'd ordered - and I have to say they don't have much tempting me to go back when the red beast gets changed November/December.

We should perhaps meet up on the A52 and compare notes in a couple of months!

- Mark.

Hope you enjoy it - and agree about the snow keeping off because it is far from the right car for that. I would have preferred the black but knew I would not have the dedication needed to keep it looking at its best - so went for Silver because it just looks grubby when it is absolutely filthy.

One warning - Parking overhanging kerbs in car parks unless they are very low: At the back will push the silencers up and bend the perforated inserts on the bumper-mounted extensions. At the front will try to rip off the front spoiler assembly when you back off.

If it is anything like mine, the suspension initially seemed very harsh but gradually became more supple - either that or I have got used to it. Sport mode is a lot more fun, but manual/paddle driving seems a slight waste of time on public roads - it only seems to give you the option of drinking a lot more fuel and making a nice noise. The loud pedal is always fun and the car is also superbly controllable in traffic.

I wonder if the LSD gives any advantage in day-to-day driving over the electronic version. I assume so or they wouldn't have bothered. Please let us know.

Please also let us know how you get on with DAB Radio in the car and does it also have normal FM? Most manufacturers have been reluctant to fit it for technical reasons as follows:

(1) Audio quality significantly worse than FM because of the codecs used.

(2) Relatively poor coverage.

(3) DAB was designed for fixed installation & in theory is unsuitable on the move because of total drop-out with low signals when FM just gets a bit noisy.

What's it like driving an ISF with respect to do people recognise it as a very fast car or is it too subtle? Do you get neon Corsas' / Saxos' trying it on at the lights? I'd love to have a go in one, I may end up totting up points in rapid time, I don't know how you can keep restrained from pressing the gas pedal!

What's it like driving an ISF with respect to do people recognise it as a very fast car or is it too subtle? Do you get neon Corsas' / Saxos' trying it on at the lights? I'd love to have a go in one, I may end up totting up points in rapid time, I don't know how you can keep restrained from pressing the gas pedal!

There are very few (even petrol-heads) that know about the car. Somebody asked me the other day if it was a 2.5 litre engine...

I wonder if the LSD gives any advantage in day-to-day driving over the electronic version. I assume so or they wouldn't have bothered. Please let us know.

I remember putting my pennyworth in on this subject a few months ago based on my "history".....................

Much as it's great fun driving really sideways (which is dead easy with a slipper but hard work with electronics on anything except a race circuit) it obviously has no place in normal road use (and in any case simply wears rubber out at an even more alarming rate) so for the vast majority of time there won't be any marked advantage.

But - the one thing it really will improve is moving off (particularly when it's slippery under-tyre) at a junction where you need to be using a decent amount of steering angle - the only way to do it briskly but elegantly with mine is to switch the traction control off until it's all straightened up but I really can't be ***ed

so I take off in a series of electronic stutters!

Does that mean the traction control works in a similar way to the IS250, where it seems to be quite on-off in its application - bit disappointing if that is the case, thought it would be a little more advanced than that in the IS-F.

Does that mean the traction control works in a similar way to the IS250, where it seems to be quite on-off in its application - bit disappointing if that is the case, thought it would be a little more advanced than that in the IS-F.

That's exactly what it means - it works fabulously well on consistent-grip surfaces (did you ever watch the demo. videos on the Lexus web site showing the difference between "off", "on" and "sport"?) but by its very design is severely limited in what can be achieved at low speed and with varying grip levels side to side.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links