Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 - New Owner Questions

Nick15

Hello guys & girls,

First of all I should introduce myself, I used to hang around on the Toyota Owners site about five years back when I owned my Yaris TS which I then later changed for a Corolla TS. Since then lots has happened, namely two EP3 Civic Type-R’s, a MK1 Ford Focus RS Turbo and a Mini Cooper S. But now it the time to get a little bit sensible and start saving some cash so I have decided to purchase an IS200 Sport.

The car I’m hopefully going to put a deposit down on, on Saturday morning is a 2003/53 in silver with a manual gearbox. Firstly I have a couple of questions, I have understood from my tuning days that open air induction systems aren’t very good because they suffer from Heat Soak. Are there any systems on the market for the IS200 which is a closed Air-Box (CAI) but better flowing that the standard OEM unit. All I can find is lots of open HKS stuff. What is the preferred induction system?

One other question was to do with the spoiler on the Sport, how is it attached to the boot lid? I would like to replace this for the TTE lip style spoiler and I was wondering if it is screwed on and therefore would it leave marks?

Cheers all, p.s. love the forum!!!!

Nick

Hi,

I've recently removed a sport spoiler from a boot lid to fit the spoiler to my SE.

The spoiler is held on by two bolts, accessed by removing the lining under the boot lid, and 5 plastic clips.

You will be left with 8 holes in the boot lid, 2 for bolts, 5 for plastic clips and 1 for the cable for the stop light (assuming yours has the stop light fitted.

You have to be very careful to remove the spoiler from the boot lid without damaging the boot lid. I used a thin pallet knife to slide between the boot lid and spoiler to try and separate the adhesive tape. The difficult bit was getting the plastic clips released from the boot lid.

You can see some photos of the spoiler and boot lid with spoiler removed in my post here.

In my opinion I think you would be better off looking for a standard boot lid and swapping it for yours, but then I don't see what's wrong with the sport spoiler :whistling:

Good luck.

Dave

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links