Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is 200 Keys !

right, when i bought my car i got 3 keys 2 black ones and a grey one, one of the black ones was cracked on the plastic right near the little black screw so when you turned the key it wouldnt work, i thought no problem as i have 2 more that are fine. 1 year later the other black one has done exactly the same so now im on the 3rd and final grey one. at first i thought that it would be just the case and that the screw held the key in place ? so i bought a blank key for £4! on eBay it came 3 days later from hong kong and is exaclly the same but the actual key part seems to be moulded in place ? so after i swapped the push button part to the new case and screwed it all back togeather in left with a blank key lol the question is how easy and how much will this cost me to get a new one cut ? has anyone else had expericence with this lol and how easy is it to get a new one cut i have posted pics

post-32662-1266276517.jpg

post-32662-1266276528.jpg

post-32662-1266276536.jpg

You should be able to get it cut at a Timpsons key cutting shop.

Or a privateer in your area so long as they have a laser cutter.

Don't be fooled by the laser cutter thing either. They don't use lasers to cut the key. So don't be fooled by narky workers who can't be rsed to cut your key.

If you got the key from eBay and they ask stupid questions about its quality just tell them its a genuine key from toyota.

If they have a laser cutter...THEY CAN cut it but you wouldn't believe the problems I had getting mine cut. For some reason 15 minutes out of their day to do the work they are there for is too much for a lot of places. So don't let them give you any flannel.

It costs between 5-25 quid to have one cut. Depending on where you go.

Had I known I was getting flannel from half the places I tried I would have come up with some great parting shots like...

Shame you can't do it. I have a fleet of 10 limos all require spare keys and could do with a good locksmith to keep on a retainer.

But I didn't so tough. lol

yea well ive been reading horror stories on the internet about places refusing to cut eBay keys ? so ill just have to say that its a genuine spare key that someone has got me who works there or something like that.... tbh they look very genuine compared to the originals but we will just have to wait and see im guna go a few places on friday so i will keep it updated

i got mines cut and said they were genuine so got them cut its because some ebay key are very hard and they damage the machine when cutting them so i do not blame them.

Odd!! One place I went to said they were too soft and the machine burnt straight through them.

Lying bunch o barstewards I think. lol

I think they are miffed coz you didn't buy the key from them.

Bolton lock co on manchester road in westhoughton did one for me and it worked spot on

cheers fot that mate went bolton lock co. today after i went orrell lock and key centre who quoted me £20 i wnet to the bolton one like you said and they did it no problems no questions asked for the very reasonable price of £7 works spot on! so including the £4 i paid for the case thats £11 for a complete new case and blade bargain.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links