Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dde Install

Fargo

Well people i thought i might have a go at installing the Demon Eyes kit, after reading the install instructions and checking out http://hazy.my-is300.com/dde.php i thought 'well looks straight forward' and i was particulary interested in painting up the 'chrome' part of the headlight to match the car just like Hazy had done... so first i thought i would experiment with the rear light clusters as if anything goes wrong then i assume they will be cheaper to replace..

SO i remove the unit..then set about taking the unit apart and according to both guides you sipmply stick the unit in the oven on 200degC for 15-20 mins and the glue will be soft enough to pull apart..

PAH after 4 mins i though i would check, and THIS is the result.

So anyone got and ideas as too a safer way of seperating the outer clear plastic lens from the rest of the light housing..

So anyone got and ideas as too a safer way of seperating the outer clear plastic lens from the rest of the light housing..

i leave the cooking to the wifey !

mats (supracharged)

has a workshop article ,he used a hairdryer to do his

me thinks that there is a slight heat difference between the two

are youre lights salvagable ?

Yeh i saw the workshop articale, and was trying the hairdryer routine, wasnt having any joy, although i must admit patience isnt my greatest virtue, perhaps now ill wait a bit longer with the hairdryer,

As for salvagable, at the moment the one that is brown bread is back on the lex and will do until i get another one.. thin i may get the smoked whilst im there.. but at least i can experiment and see what the paint finish on them would look like...before i do the front..

The instructions at http://www.umnitza.com/dde/install/docs/is...300complete.pdf aren't any clearer.

To be honest the whole disassembling of the lights has put me off DDE's even though I really want them....

When I was in the UK, there are guys who will do it for you and provide a set of complete DDE lamps, but again it's more hassle and more cost.. :(

When I was in the UK, there are guys who will do it for you and provide a set of complete DDE lamps, but again it's more hassle and more cost.. :(

who did you finfd in the UK that woudl fit these..

:withstupid::oops:

Am tired. Just got back from IOM TT races. I meant to say when I was in the US.... :blush:

I am in the UK now... maybe not in mind, but just about in body...

:doh!:

:withstupid::oops:

Am tired. Just got back from IOM TT races. I meant to say when I was in the US.... :blush:

I am in the UK now... maybe not in mind, but just about in body...

:doh!:

:sad: :D

Fargo Posted on Jun 1 2003, 03:11 PM

Easy........Peasy :P just use a heat gun and take your time........or

as the weather is nice and hot at the mo leave them in the greenhouse

and once the glue has softened...........voila:seperation

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links