Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Wim Adventure!

Greedy80

So after having my lex is200 se for a few years and in that time having red hundreds of articles about the benefits of taking your car to WIM I finally made the 300 mile round trip from dorchester to Cheesham which, I have to say has a surface not unlike the moon, we are talking serious pot holes! The trip was brought about by my noticing some serious inner tyre wear and rather than waste money replacing tyres for it to happen soon again I thought I'd get the guys to fit some new tyres and sort the geometry at the same time.

Tony and the guys worked on the car for about an hour and a half and midway through called me in, the caliberation couldn't be perfect and was 1 degree out. Due most likely to a minimally bent upper wishbone i'm told, but Tony advised me that this would unlikely cause any negative effects but I should be aware of it. Tony went on to say that he had seen many other is200's with this issue and he had contact with them and there were no issues. When compared with the diagram of the original alignment with wheels seemingly pointing in all directions it was obvious that this caliberation was very much required!

The result was brilliant the car feels better and I'm happier in the knowledge that I'm free of crazy inner tyre wear. I have to say though my lex felt a bit less special the only reason being I spent the morning looking at the Porsche C4S outside and the DB9 and Maseratii Gransport which were being worked on. sigghhhhh one day!

But I can heartily recomend that any Lexus IS200 or IS300 driver should pay them a visit.

P.s I managed an MPG of about 29mpg which is the best I've seen!

Wow!!! I can't believe they showed on the same day that I had my car done, man I would have waited around had I known, on the other hand probably best I didn't know my Mrs would have not been pleased with me drooling over these. I take it they had been out for a track day somewhere near by.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links