Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlamp And Side Light Bulbs On Mk3

I'm not in possession of an owners manual and am thinking the only way to get to the bulbs is going to be to remove the headlight and side light assemblies respectively to get to the bulbs. The back of the light units seems utterly inaccessible from the engine bay side?

That's what i'm trying to do on your old car. It seems that you have to remove the headlight (3 bolts), but to access the outer bolt you have to remove the indicator assembly. I'm having difficulty with this at the moment (without breaking it).

Pete

According to the diagram the headlight is held in with 4 fixings ( 3 bolt fixings and a nut located behind the side light assy).

I'm not sure with the MK3 but on the MK2 to remove the sidelight remove the single screw attaching the black plastic bracket of the sidelight to the top of the wing rain channel and lift up the flap, then with a lot of effort put the side light towards you griping it along the bonnet grill side.

They are held in by metal posts into a yellow plastic retainer fixed to the bodywork.

I have removed mine several times and never broken the light assy but did manage to break one of the retainers, just go for it.

Cheers for the replies. Job done. I did both headlights as I was upgrading since one bulb was out, and it appears the trick is not to remove the headlight completely to get into the back as its a funny fiddle of a job (two swearword minimum) to get it back in.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links