Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Comfortable, Quiet Tyres For The New Setup

Hi all,

1stly, it might be a "wrong" place to post this, but I found the "wheels & tyres" seems dead, no one replies.

anyway:

I need 4 new tyres for the IS200. I do the refurb 1st, then new tyres, then pay WIM a visit (that's the plan anyway)

I would like to buy the most comfortable, quiet tyres I can (215/45/17). Any suggestions or experience with which brands/patterns are quietest? Currently running something which are excellent in the wet, but do transmit some road noise and sharp bump shocks.

Cheers,

Felix

How much are you looking to spend per tyre? WIM can also supply tyres, so get a price from them as well.

No point in me recommending tyres which cost £100 each if you are only willing to spend £50 a corner.

I'd go with Falken FK452's or Toyo T1R's at that price.

I had a set of Goodyear Eagle F1A's- they cost £104 each, just fitted a set of Yoko's (see my sig) in January, so far I'm happy with the Yoko's. Yoko's cost me £95 each.

I heard Laptab (off the M6 Birmingham) do decent wheel refurbs? Don't how much they charge.

Thanks Kam,

I read a few post re tyres, and notice the Falken FK452's are highly recommended here, but it's not really a "quiet" tyre, is it?

I enjoy comfortable smoooooth drive more than anything else.

Thanks anyway.....

Felix

Hi Felix

I got some Uniroyal Rainsport 2's as recommended by a friend and the place I ended up getting tires from. Not had car too long, it had 2 Rainsport 1's on the back and 2 Budgets on the front, the drive was quite noisy. Gettin all 4 done made a massive difference and ended up costing me £79 per tyre. Grip is awesome and the tread pattern is similar to the Goodyear F1 Eagles but only 75% of the price..

Jay

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links