Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Head Units - Bluetooth / Rear Usb

Howdi all,

I'm getting the dreaded ERR3, so it is time for an upgrade (03 IS200 SE).

I've got the fascia and amp bypass on order, but I need a wee bit of advice, if ya'll would be so kind?

I have an Iphone 3GS and often use the GPS feature to track my routes as I go (I'm a geek, and love looking at pretty googlemaps of my trips!).

Ideally, I want a stereo with a rear USB port, so I can run the connector cable up to the dashtray, and leave the Iphone there connected to the stereo and tracking GPS, all whilst charging and playing music. Obviously, front USB ports are fine but then I'd have leads running up to the dash tray, thus slightly ruining the idea of a stereo with Iphone connectivity.

That said, I quite like the idea of a double-din screen with DVD functionality as well. But finding the right stereo, with Bluetooth as well for phone calls, is mighty tough.

I do like the look of the Pioneer AVH-3200BT (Link) but it doesn't have a rear USB.

Does anyone have a double-din DVD / touchscreen, with rear USB and Bluetooth?

Or, does anyone have any recommendations? My budget is roughly £500, tops, although less (say £300) would be much more handy.

Thanks to all for your (future ;) ) help!

I'm pretty sure the top of the line Kenwood double DINs have rear USB, but they're the ones with nav built in too so aren't cheap.

Not cheap is an understatement... £550+ for a base one of their range.

That said, they do look mighty fine...

Tempting, tempting!

if you are a "techie" surely you dont need cds anyway - just fit a grom or xcarlink and run your sounds off the ipod from that-saves clutter and £500 plus the dash stays original -

y do u want Bluetooth ? if for phone calls just get a car kit - easy

if you are a "techie" surely you dont need cds anyway - just fit a grom or xcarlink and run your sounds off the ipod from that-saves clutter and £500 plus the dash stays original -

y do u want bluetooth ? if for phone calls just get a car kit - easy

Well, I'm a techie, and therefore 'I can' is pretty much my only reasoning. A bit of good fortune left me with some excess cash so something 'for me' was the order of the day.

Not cheap is an understatement... £550+ for a base one of their range.

That said, they do look mighty fine...

Tempting, tempting!

Yep it's definitely excellent quality kit - recently had a kenwood flipout screen with nav and all fitted in my sister's mini, cost over £1000 but well worth it imho.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links