Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help With Led Brtaking Light

The handbrake light has been on on my car from when i bought it (i got it cheaper due to this) I have had pads/discs and calipers all checked. Replaced all brake light bulbs so they now work and the light still remains to come on as soon as i touch the brake pedal......

I have since noticed that the rear spoiler brake light is LED. I believe that this may be causing the problem. I would assume there would have to be a resistor of some kind. but from here on in I am stumped.

I dont know if this is causing a problem, if it is what do i need to do about it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you think I am barking up the wrong tree any other advice would be great.

Cheers

have you got a parcel shelf brakelight as well - if not and the bulb has been taken out maybe or the wires cut because you have a rear LED on the spoiler this can cause that problem -- i think its quite common when spoiler brake lights are added - im sure one of the others can explain better than me

have you got a parcel shelf brakelight as well - if not and the bulb has been taken out maybe or the wires cut because you have a rear led on the spoiler this can cause that problem -- i think its quite common when spoiler brake lights are added - im sure one of the others can explain better than me

This is very true, i actually have the same problem, had a guy shunt into the back of my car. The insurance company replaced my spoiler with one with a brake light in ( LED like yours)

since then my handbrake light has been on.

Lexus coventry have looked at it and said its causing no damage, just an annoying bright red light on the dash. They quoted me £117 to fix but ive not had it done. They said it was something about having it re-wired.

But ive never had a look at what the insurance companies repairs have actually done, maybe just want a bulb in the parcel shelf light ???

i have changed the parcel shelf bulb, so all brake lights now work and have new bulbs. So it seems that the LED light is the issue. If anyone knows antone/thing to help me sort it without resorting to lexus then that would be good.

If not then i might have to learn to live with it!

Cheers for the fast replies

its only a hunch but have you checked the wiring to the LED one ? i think there might need to be a resistor or something somewhere - wheres the guys who know stuff ? im pretty sure if you do a search on this youll find a solution

Hi,

I posted something on this recently. I fitted a spoiler with LED brake light on my car and wanted to get rid of the rear brake light on the parcel shelf. What I did was just remove the bulb and holder and hide it under the parcel shelf. What a lot of people have done in the past when fitting a spoiler With brake light is remove the bulb in the parcel shelf light or disconnect the wires. Doing this causes the warning light on the dash to come on.

As you said you have checked the parcel shelf brake light and it is working and you suspect that it is something to do with the LED light in the spoiler. What you can do is just temporarily disconnect the LED light and see if the warning light goes off.

If you remove the trim panel on the inside of the boot lid, you will see that there is a connector in the wiring to the LED light. You can prise out the plastic clips holding the trim around the lower edge and fold the trim back enough to get at it.

Just have a look around and I think it's fairly obvious which connector it is. If you have a problem come back and I have a photo I can post up showing the location.

I don't think that it will be anything to do with the LED myself as when I fitted my Spoiler and LED light it didn't affect the warning light but I'm sorry I don't have any other ideas as to why it on.

Dave

Ok so today i disconnected the rear spoiler brake light and the handbrake light came on again when i pressed the brake. so now i have no idea.

Does anyone know if the sensor on the brake fluid level can fail? causing it to believe there is no/very little brake fluid. I believe I am now clutching at straws and before i have to take it to the garage to be robbed for a diagnostics check would like to see if i can resolve this issue myself.

Cheers

Ok so today i disconnected the rear spoiler brake light and the handbrake light came on again when i pressed the brake. so now i have no idea.

Does anyone know if the sensor on the brake fluid level can fail? causing it to believe there is no/very little brake fluid. I believe I am now clutching at straws and before i have to take it to the garage to be robbed for a diagnostics check would like to see if i can resolve this issue myself.

Cheers

if your local lexus dealer is anything like mine they wont charge you anything to look at it and diagnose mate

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links