Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Halo Lights Fitted

200red

Hey Guys,just finished fitting my Halo Lights. Abit of a job but not as daunting as first thought if anyone is thinking of doing it. I`ll add some snaps of it in progress later. If you are going to do it,make sure you have everything you need before starting. It saves alot of hassle and messing about.I`ll give a list of things to have so it makes it easier for the next person.

1. Hairdryer( loosening the glue at the clips)

2. 800 grade sandpaper(if painting the chrome surround)

3. Gloves(sticky stuff that glue!)

4. spray primer and colour

5. Oven( of course!)

6. Tube of clear silicone.

7. 2 days to do the job.

8. Patience.

:DI discovered that you can remove the lights without removing the bumper,but in my experience take the bumper off first. It only takes 5 minutes to do and will save alot of messing around when refitting the lights.I set aside two days to do the job,leaving 24hours for the paint to dry and set. I used the hairdryer to soften the glue around the clips.I put the light in the oven at gas mark 2 for around 8min,enough to soften the glue. Leave it too long and it starts to ooze and will make a mess of the oven. Pry open the light from the indicator side,do it slowly as the glue will go all stringy. Once open,take out the chrome surrond which just pops off and paint as desired(using the sandpaper to score the chrome for the primer to gripan then paint)

Feed the wires throught the parking light hole,as the halos will replace the existing parking lights. I got 3m sticky pads to attach the lights. They are very stick but I also spot glued areas to be sure. Like all aftermarket things,they didn`t fit perfectly so before fixing them test where you want to put them. Once that is all done it them a case of resealing the light. Now,I put the main light piece in the oven. Don`t put the halo lights in as they might melt and warp. Wait for the 8 min or so and take them out and very carefully line them up. I put the chrome surround with the halos back into the from part of the clear plastic surround and them jointed them together. Have something handy to hold them tight like clamps. I discovered that they didn`t quite fit snug so this is where the clear silicone comes in. I sealed all the way around the light to be sure,abit of overkill but better than a fishtank for a light! Mine are fine after a few days of heavy rain. I tested them under the tap when the silicone was dry as an extra bit,more overkill but it helps alot. fitting the lights back is a doddle,alot easier with the bumper off.

Cheers guys for looking and if you have any questions just ask. Like I said I will have photos for you,once I know how to upload them to the site :whistling: !!!! :D

Create an account at photoshop.com, upload the phots their and copy and paste the image links!

Would love to see some pics :)

Bruce

Will do Bruce,cheers. On folks computer so don`t have images with me but will post them later tonight.

if you use a satin or mat paint it will take a max of fifteen mins to dry also 800 grit is a bit rough for the lights a scotch pad will do fine..

took me three hours to do all my lights(head lights & front fog lights)

but as said very easy to do.

if you use a satin or mat paint it will take a max of fifteen mins to dry also 800 grit is a bit rough for the lights a scotch pad will do fine..

took me three hours to do all my lights(head lights & front fog lights)

but as said very easy to do.

I know it probably doesn`t take as long as I did them but as a first attempt I didn`t want it to come back and bite me!I just used the 800 grade paper lightly but as you said a scotch pad was probably fine

I am planning to do this as well,

but i am not sure if i should paint the chrome part as well or not, since my IS is in Silver (1CO)...

also, dont know if my oven is big enough for the light........

i think black looks pretty good on all cars depending on where you put it. The lights are subtle enough and would only be really noticed by fellow owners. Black and silver work well particularly with carbon fibre look. If your oven doesn`t hold the light,you can use a hairdryer(preferably a heatgun). It will take longer and will need an extra pair of hands to hold it while you prize it open. not sure what else you could do but i`m sure some of the lads here could direct you.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links