Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Consumption

About 23-28 mpg around town.

2.0 24v straight six vs 1.3 4 pot- no contest, the IS200 will be heavier on fuel.

agreee above

town driving : low 20 ish.

Mixed driving for me, 24MPG as my year average. (mine is Auto tho)

Felix

P.S. you won't get as much fun in the 1.3L is 3 pot or 4?

do people not look at mpg any more befor buying a car :shutit:

seems to be loads of topics like this, is200 are renouned for using alot of juice compared to performance, its a wel known fact, i get 40-50 miles per £10, but its a comfortable, enjoyable 40-50miles B)

do people not look at mpg any more befor buying a car shutup.gif

seems to be loads of topics like this, is200 are renouned for using alot of juice compared to performance, its a wel known fact, i get 40-50 miles per £10, but its a comfortable, enjoyable 40-50miles cool.gif

i agree john g - plus the cost of fuel is rising fast - i must admit though ive owned thousands of cars and read loads of reviews in the three months i was looking for my lex so was warned repeatedly about mpg- i have to say though i was quite surprised at the reality of actually owning one-i must admit im ok with it as i think all in all its an amazing package but they do chew fuel like almost any other 3 litre even when driving like miss daisy-i guess you just have to start switching off the engine when you are waiting outside the shops while your gf does the shopping and such to get the best mpg from them-performance wise ive got an auto and it seems to have been "tuned" perfectly for in town cruising and 70mph motorway type legal speeds with hardly ever a need to use kickdown etc-in fact i may well be getting old but the autobox is so refined that you hardly can tell when it changes gear the way i generally drive it - ie keep up with traffic but not much needless overtaking .

i read many reviews that slated the manual box for having silly gearing for the uk and also knotchy gearchanges-apparently people found the manual had to be revved like carlos fandango to make normal progress - i can imagine with a manual one there is a very fine line between making normal progress and thrashing the car just enuf to wreck your mpg figures

the gear changes were a big thing when i got it but i have soon leanrt to understand it. and tbh the lexus isnt much worse on fuel then my e36 318is couple, granted i kicked its arse about alot more :blush: but with the lexus i just dont feel the need to and the milege i do, i dont car about the mpg :whistling:

john g you dont say if yours is auto or manual - im guessing manual - what you are saying kind of tallies with me as i too dont feel the need to chuck the car around etc-in fact the car inspires smooth driving with its smooth six engine,classy chassis and excellent progressive brakes with loads of feel - its quite easy to float into corners with confidence without braking too much or accelerating either as you have faith that the car has plenty of handling and safety systems in reserve to back you up

not feeling the need to boot the car about is what i meant by the auto seems tuned for british speed limits,its happy getting to them and staying at them - so your post would suggest (if you have a manual) that the manuals also have a shall we call it a "happy mode" where a lot of thought was given to the gearing and it certainly doesnt need to be driven hard - i think a lot of mpg apart from servicing is influenced by your affinity with the car and of course driving style-

im also lucky enough to not worry about the mpg and quite frankly i would sell the car if it ever became an issue to the extent that you have to concentrate on driving economically all the time - that would drive me mad and ruin the whole experience - happily my style of driving doesnt seem too thirsty and its nice to know youve allways got the vvt kick in reserve for those odd i feel like redlining it moments !

of course it doesnt stop me checking the odo every time i brim her up out of interest

Yes mine is a manual and i would have to agree with all you have said, im not a fast driver (even though i have 6 points) my mates raised a few eye brows when i said i was getting one throwing the whole, there bad on juice compared to performance, and yes they were right but i put on average £30 a week in and today that got me 150miles.

I dont begrudge puttin this in every week whether it be alittle more or alittle bit less as as youve mentioned the ride is so refined, and it has all the luxurys i want when driving round on the UK roads.

if you need to worrie about mpg the is200 is the wrong car to buy...

i recently went through the first tank of vpower (£83) since supercharging my is200 how many miles did i get?.....200 approx 12mpg!! just finished my second tank the ecu has learned and got 320 approx 22mpg!!80% town driving.... :o still shocking i know but i love my car!! :D :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links