Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Management Light And Trc Light Flashing On Dash

wexlex

Both TRC and Engine management lights were flashing on dash this morning. Car driving like a plug has gone but suspect that it is because the management light is on. GOing to bring it down to garage this morning to see what diagnostics say. Got oil changed recently in one of hte tyre places and have a dread that they put in wrong grade. Auto box IS200.

Get the car onto a diagnostic reader- without doing that its guesswork as to what the problem is. Post the code generated by the diagnostic reader up on here, there are people on here who can tell you what the problem is exactly.

Does the car drive sluggish? From what you are describing, you have at least one failed coilpack.

Get the car onto a diagnostic reader- without doing that its guesswork as to what the problem is. Post the code generated by the diagnostic reader up on here, there are people on here who can tell you what the problem is exactly.

Does the car drive sluggish? From what you are describing, you have at least one failed coilpack.

Had it on a diagnostics reader this morning and indeed you are correct Kam05, there is a coil pack gone. I have one on order so limping along for the next 3 days.

Will let you know if this resolves the issue

Thanks

Had it on a diagnostics reader this morning and indeed you are correct Kam05, there is a coil pack gone. I have one on order so limping along for the next 3 days.

Will let you know if this resolves the issue

Thanks

I would advise you not to drive the car until you change the coil pack. Cant be good for the cat...

Hi as abbas has said it is not advisable to drive it with this misfire the unburnt fuel will damage the cat and also wash the oil from the cylinder bore on the cylinder which is not firing

• 3 weeks later...

Both TRC and Engine management lights were flashing on dash this morning.Was recover and the AA mentioned head gasket ?? this appears to be a syptom with the IS200 ? I intrested to hear how people have recovered there vehicles ,where and obvoiusly how much ??

2 points i have picked up from this forum

1)coil pack

8**********************

2)Just out of curiosity I borrowed the rad. cap from wife's car and BINGO no leakeage. I then examined my pressure cap and found a minute nick in the rubber seal. All is ok now with new cap.

Lesson----if you have your coolant checked for possible head gasket blown and the mechanic says " oh yes sir definatetly exhaust in the coolant, that will be £1200 to skim and replace " GET SECOND OPINION and examine your pressure caps minutely They only cost £10 or so

i wonder if anyone can give me an update on ther findings

Dont drive the car while the coilpack is down. I did this and destroyed my cat. Also the gear box doesnt like it. Everything gets extremely hot and you can feel the heat comin up through the gear box. Mine got so hot at one point that i burnt my finger on one of the screws holding the centre console in. Luckily i was getting my cat removed anyway but if you plan on keeping it in then DO NOT DRIVE IT!! Mine was screwed when we took it off

• 1 month later...

AND...here is an odd one....the symptom developed a few days ago, the missus continued driving the car (!) the vibration caused the rotten exhaust to fail. I had to drive it another 20miles to my garage (!) to weld up the exhaust. Then i started mucking about with coils. I picked one up from a breakers for £17. Snag is it's now missing on another pot. It's like the ECU is randomly killing the LT to the coil. IS that how the TRC works ? by killing a cylinder? BUT..in addition to all this ,while I'm swapping coils the throttle body starts to develop a 'chatter' and the butterfly is vibrating. There is a mechanical clanking sound coming from the throttle body?????? Would the misfire cause the throttle body to 'respond'?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links