Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i want to get a new exhaust for my ls400 i wondered if anyone here has any photos to see what will look good.

it will be custom made so i can get the sound just right a little roar but not stupid.

Wow, has any owner of a LS400 EVER had to think about getting a replacement exhaust ?

When mine was last up on a ramp I took a sneaky look and was told it looked almost like new still ...... after 16 years and 30,000 miles

Malc

i want to get a new exhaust for my ls400 i wondered if anyone here has any photos to see what will look good.

it will be custom made so i can get the sound just right a little roar but not stupid.

Have a look here http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=65796&st=0&p=712924&hl=exhaust&fromsearch=1entry712924

Hi all,

I think mine must be corroded, but i havent had a chance to get underneath yet and have a look. Ive only had her 3 weeks, and it was blowing like a bugger when i got her, but also it was running on 7 cylinders instead of eight, and i had to drive her back from Birmingham like that, so im hoping its just a bit of light rot, and nothing that cant be plugged with a bit of gun gum.

Phil.

The blow is cominmg from somewhere under the front of the car, and not the rear. Anyone ever had anything like this?

Mine's blowing from the flanges on the cats, which are near the front.

Actually,

The blow is cominmg from somewhere under the front of the car, and not the rear. Anyone ever had anything like this?

Phil.

Hi Phil

I searched "blowing" and got 3 pages, many of which relate to leaks from the front part of the exhaust. Do the same and read through them at your leisure.

Actually,

Phil.

Hi Phil

I searched "blowing" and got 3 pages, many of which relate to leaks from the front part of the exhaust. Do the same and read through them at your leisure.

mine is blowing at the front on a joint

BUT has anyone ever HAD TO replace the exhaust system yet ?

I do understand that there is often a bit of an issue with leakage at the front end of the exhaust ........... around the manifold I guess ! ........... but as for corrosion ?

Has anyone any experience / views on this apart from the front end blowing.

Malc

Hi,

As it happens, I have just had to replace the front 'Y' section on my Mk IV. I drive a lot over fairly uneven Fen roads, and the underside has been grounded several times, the last time sufficiently to dent the middle box and also scrape the shielding around the pipework in the 'Y' joint itself. I bought a brand new exhaust through Lexus Swindon, and got a good discount as a LOC member. The old exhaust was leaking from within the shielding, and as a matter of curiosity I have stripped that part of the shielding off and found that the inner pipework was very corroded and heavily perforated - it was only the shielding holding it all together. The worst part of the job was having to drill out all the 12 year old bolts and flange nuts at the catalyst joints. I did anticipate problems removing the Lambda sensors, but they both came out easily. Have replaced all nuts and bolts with stainless steel, although I don't envisage ever having to do the job again.

Interestingly, my Mk IV has a pair of anti-vibration (tuned mass ?)dampers bolted to each down pipe, which I didn't expect to find. Car is now totally silent again, and Lambda sensors working properly with a leak free exhaust. Tickover is now lower at 500rpm and also slightly more even with the new exhaust.

Regards to all

Alan

give mr tyre in boston lincs a ring 01205 310022 he just made me a stainless powerflow exhaust from cat back for my gs300 sport 530.00 pounds all in sounds awesome.

give mr tyre in boston lincs a ring 01205 310022 he just made me a stainless powerflow exhaust from cat back for my gs300 sport 530.00 pounds all in sounds awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually,

Phil.

if its from the front its usually the egr pipe... bit of a bugger apparently but can be done at home for £100

if its not that its the gaskets where the manifold downpipe meets the cats - this cost me £15 fitted but bolts are a nightmare

good luck

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links