Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Apexi Power Intake Filter

BEAMS STU

hi i have an apexi power intake air filter only with flange, is it possible to make this fit my rs 200 altezza and is it conpulsary to get an adapter for the ,maf sensor, is there a way round it? where could i source the adapter? cheers in advance guys.

I wouldn't waste your time putting it on to be honest. You'll gain a few hp & a bit of noise up top end but you'll also lose power at lower revs. Stick with a high flow panel filter & disconnect the flap in the front air scoop so it's sucking air from there all the time. It's usually closed below 4500rpm to suppress intake noise.

To put an Apexi pod on you'll need an adapter like this, which only come in a kit with the filter as far as I'm aware. (Apexi make the best pod kits IMO & seem to give the least trouble)

apexiintakefitted2ps.jpg

apexi26zw.jpg

Its just i have the filter sitting here thats all, if i never had the filter i would buy a pannel filter today lol, i want that pipe lol, how do you go about disconnecting the intake control flap on the air box, what do youdo with the solenoid and vacumme lines to the diaphram etc? would apexi sell the pipe seperate you think? i dare say it would be quitehard to source ?

I'd run with an Apexi, TRD or K&N panel. Most of the foam ones don't filter that well. In saying that I'm running a TOM'S filter in mine & it's a multi layered foam type but that's only because it was about half the price of a K&N at the time & I'm a bit of a TOM'S whore.

Have a read of this performance air filter test http://www.mkiv.com/...filters_test/2/ & http://www.mkiv.com/...filters_test/1/

This is the valve you need to disconnect the vacuum hose from to keep the flap open. I left the solenoid & lines in place just in case I wanted to revert it back to standard for about a year then last time I was cleaning the MAF sensor & air box I pulled it all out to tidy it up.

p10108481rd0.th.jpg

thanks mate well just purchased iriduim plugs and a blitz panel filter be here on monday woohoo, and i will do away with the air box flap, see how i get on may also reset the ecu and give it a good run and see if my idle issue is any better. :winky:

i agree with the filter tests, lol the soft foams are good but not as safe for maf fitted vehicles. least restrictive is soft multilayer foam, ran a huge trust greddy intake ,mounted behind my grill straight off the turbo and spool was immensly quick just had to avoid huge puddles and bad rain lol

Looks like the IS200 only has the one intake so no need for a flap. I wonder if we'd gain anything by blocking off the intake to the guard on the RS200?

diag_2bOpvi.png

3SGE

diag_2bOpvd.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links