Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Kit Phone Mute

I've just taken delivery of a IS200 SE Auto Sat Nav. I had a phone fitted, but have been informed that you can't mute the audio because of the Sat Nav.

I've seen some posts that say you can get it to mute but you need to use a relay, however it doesn't say if this will work in a car with Sat Nav.

Does anyone know if you can mute the audio in a car with Sat Nav, using a relay or not?

Thanks

Andrew

You can't mute the radio because the mute pin has no function in the models they use in the IS, it has nothing to do with the SatNav

Yes you can still use the relay with the SatNav. The Sat Nav switches into the speaker directly still.

The relay effectively turns off the head unit, which I find very handy as it returns to the original place on your CD and carries on playing (rather than continually playing in the background but muted.) when you've finished your call.

I've just taken delivery of a IS200 SE Auto Sat Nav. I had a phone fitted, but have been informed that you can't mute the audio because of the Sat Nav.

I've seen some posts that say you can get it to mute but you need to use a relay, however it doesn't say if this will work in a car with Sat Nav.

Does anyone know if you can mute the audio in a car with Sat Nav, using a relay or not?

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andy,

You need to remove the radio(you'll find out how to do this by looking on the workshop forums).

There is a GREY wire on the back of the radio, this is the accessory supply wire to the radio from the ignition.

Cut this wire behind the radio, and extend both cut ends to a 5 pin relay.

The end connected to the radio goes to pin 30 on the relay, and the other end of the grey wire goes to pin 87a and 85.

The yellow mute wire from your phone kit goes to pin 86.

Pin 87 isn't used, but make sure it's covered over with a spare terminal.

JOB DONE.....

Replace radio, being very careful not to scatch the dash....

Hope this helps buddy!!!! :D

I recently had the same problem.

The fitters of my phone kit, spoke to Lexus to see if it was possible.

Whilst the answer was yes you can by cutting into the main wiring, we were then told that this will invalidate the warranty for the car.

If your car is brand new, you may want to exercise caution.

I decided not to do it in the end.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links