Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Navigation Dvd In Is200 2003

Can anyone say for sure how to get at the Lexus Navigation Dvd in a 2003 IS200? I've searched the forum and plenty of people seem to find it in the boot, but not in mine. Then the US lexus owners site (http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t7498.html) turned up a promising thread saying its under the passenger seat. But I can't find it there either (I looked under both front seats). In case your wondering, I DO have a sat nav and it works fine, but its a 2001 version 1 disc. To get an update from the often-mentioned http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ it seems I need to pop the disc out and find the number written on it.

So if anyone can suggest where else to look, please post here.

You'll find the DVD player beside the spare wheel under the boot carpet floor. Mine's a 2002 IS200 SE Nav so not so different from yours. I'd love to get an up-to-date disc if there is one...but not for silly Lexus Dealer money! Suggestion: current owners who, like me, paid out the extra £2k for Navigator(ouch!) on the price should get them gratis I reckon!!

can confirm as above take out boot carpet next to spare wheel there is a little metal cover plate on some with the ignition on press the eject button on the DVD unit and out comes the disk they used to be ££££££££££'s but from mapupdates they are about £100 + delivery

Ade

ok now I feel daft - it IS in the boot, but hidden under a sheet of plastic that fooled me - I thought I was looking at the boot floor, but when I lifted the sheet there it is, just as described. Now I need to unbolt it from its chassis to get at the eject mechanism and find the number on the disc. Thanks for all the help.

ok now I feel daft - it IS in the boot, but hidden under a sheet of plastic that fooled me - I thought I was looking at the boot floor, but when I lifted the sheet there it is, just as described. Now I need to unbolt it from its chassis to get at the eject mechanism and find the number on the disc. Thanks for all the help.

You dont need to unbolt it from its chasis,all u need to do is unscrew the two bolts to take the metal cover off which then gives u access to the module.On the left hand side is a button which if u slide opens the dvd flap,just above this is the eject button which if u then press in for a few seconds ejects the disc(this should be done with the ignition key in the acc position).hope this helps?

• 2 months later...

Do you guys know if all the models have different discs?

I also heard that they`ll only play originals. If not, hows about a group buy. :whistling: I copied and burned several back-up discs for my Pioneer AVIC XBiT recently.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys know if all the models have different discs?

I also heard that they`ll only play originals. If not, hows about a group buy. :whistling: I copied and burned several back-up discs for my Pioneer AVIC XBiT recently.

Hi,not too sure if all models had different disc,it would depend on year and models as the sat navs were regularly updated eg a 2001 IS 200 and a 2003 IS 200 have different sat navs as one is cd rom based and the other dvd.Just bought the latest updated disc for mine at a cost of £139.00p

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links