Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Satnav Dvd Update Help?

I have been advised by my Lexus service centre to go here to look at updating my satnav DVD.

My current version in my RX400h is 2006/2007 - Ver2 apparantly.

I went here - Lexus Map Updates and put in my part number on the disk.

My question is, has anyone else ordered a new DVD? Apparantly it also unlocks the menus that previously greyed out when you were driving, so you can select things whilst on the move.

Probably a good idea, new disks were issued in '09. Old thread from last year on http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=56864 about this, but fundamentally the new disks unlock pretty much all the touchscreen functionality with the exception of some of the phone functions - manually dialling the number etc, still have to have the number in speed dial.

But other than that, yes, it's completely unlocked and really transforms the user experience - able to change destinations on the move, find nearest petrol station etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if anyone else has had problems with the lexus map updates site, but their card verification system refused to accept my visa card. When I swapped to a mastercard, I received an order confirmation e-mail, but no disks and no charges on my card.

Does anyone know of an alternative source for the disks, other than my friendly local dealership?

I have been advised by my Lexus service centre to go here to look at updating my satnav DVD.

My question is, has anyone else ordered a new DVD? Apparantly it also unlocks the menus that previously greyed out when you were driving, so you can select things whilst on the move.

Yes, I have the new update and it unlocks all Satnav functions. The Phone and audio will remain locked while driving...

• 5 weeks later...

I have an 07 RX400H

I had my sat nav updated by inserting a newer disc and then putting the old one back.

It removes the greyed out functions as stated above and makes the system far more useable.

It really is as simple as putting the new disc in, waiting until it updates the firmware and taking it out again and putting the old back.

However - it isn't really firmware as it is volatile memory.

I had to have a new wiper motor fitted and they diconnected the power so I have lost the update.

So - if there is anybody near Yorkshire with the newer disk who wouldn't mind ending it to me for 10 mins.......

• 5 weeks later...

Just ordered an update disk from cheap Toyota Parts for my 2007 RX400H,disk is 2009 europe up-date.139 pounds delivered from e'mail..info@cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk.

My local lexus agency was quoting 147 pounds..I hate being ripped off even if only a few quid.

Surfbum

Just ordered an update disk from cheap Toyota Parts for my 2007 RX400H,disk is 2009 europe up-date.139 pounds delivered from e'mail..info@cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk.

My local lexus agency was quoting 147 pounds..I hate being ripped off even if only a few quid.

Surfbum

Does this update unlock the Audio screen - I would like to have this function accessible whilst driving since it shows track names etc - its a bit of a pain when it just turns itself off and reverts back to the map screen after a few seconds

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links