Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service

Its been some time since ive been on here and how things have changed!!! :D

Quick question....LEXUS did a 60k service on my 53plate 04 reg IS200 12 months ago...the works...including cambelt etc. I had some grief when i purchased it 3 years ago but they did me proud with a couple of free services (inc the 60k)

The issue is that the 60k was negotiated as part of the #problem deal# and it was done at 55k........a year later and i need the next service (im now on 60k)

Clearly this will be a minor service and looking at the age of the car, mileage etc shall I go independent? I have an excellent garage nearby who could do the job no problemo. At this age and with an inde stamp in the book would it greatly affect resale value??

Its been some time since ive been on here and how things have changed!!! :D

Quick question....LEXUS did a 60k service on my 53plate 04 reg IS200 12 months ago...the works...including cambelt etc. I had some grief when i purchased it 3 years ago but they did me proud with a couple of free services (inc the 60k)

The issue is that the 60k was negotiated as part of the #problem deal# and it was done at 55k........a year later and i need the next service (im now on 60k)

Clearly this will be a minor service and looking at the age of the car, mileage etc shall I go independent? I have an excellent garage nearby who could do the job no problemo. At this age and with an inde stamp in the book would it greatly affect resale value??

I'm in a similar boat. Coming up to 80k but 9 year / 90k intermediate service.

Tempted to go with my own tried and trusted indie but I bought it a year ago with FLSH. So I'm thinking it'll be a shame to lose the FLSH... :-s

I used to think the same, but my car is an 01 X now (on 65k) and I don't think it will add a bean. When you think what the car is worth and how much extra you will pay, you will never get it back.

how much is the service from lexus ? how much are you going to save ? if its only £100 difference you may as well keep up the flsh and keep enjoying the car - its not all about what its worth when you sell it its about peace of mind while you drive it as well - lexus service must mean something to you or youd of bought a cheap one with no flsh - if its hundreds of pounds cheaper and moneys tight then yeah i suppose get it done on the cheap but you know youll regret it every time you look in the service book

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links