Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension Failure!

Dcp_2808.sized.jpg

:oops: Thought you may like to see the reason why my wheels started wobbling again.

Surely this cant be a one off. OK, the car is in its 9 year but all the other bushes are fine. This happened on both sides by the way but the other side was still just about attached.

With replacements now fitted, the whole of the steering set up has been transformed.

Check yours out before its too late

The car was MOTd last February.

Its not easy to pick up on that part because its very well hidden.

I noticed by having someone drive the car very slow and then braking hard whilst I watched. The front wheel moved back in the arch quite a bit but it didnt have any effect on the steering and the tracking is still ok after the change.

I first thought of oil contamination but the car is completely oil tight.

I looking down the lines of whether or not having the suspension lowered has put extra strain on the mounts.

Anyway, if they last another 9 years I will be happy

have you had the roll bar bushes done too?

I noticed alot of difference when cornering with these... mine were shot.

seems everything that is rubber is now worn.. i have replaced alot of the stuff but might get my bushes checked out.

I've only changed the 2 damaged bushes up to now with standard replacements.

I did think about trying to source some Superflex items but it all boils down to cost in the end.

I've used superflex on many Triumphs over the years and they do make a big difference.

I have a friend who has just completely transformed the handling of his MX5 by fitting them.

I guess im just scared of seeing if they are available cos I know I will just have to have them

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links