Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Stud

I think you tap out the damaged one (out of the hub) and fit the new one?

It should be safe to drive the car on 4 studs (but its a MOT failure if you have a snapped stud).

Yerr i just did a quick search on here an it seems that i have to take the disc off and then tap out and then fit the new one but i dont feel overly confident doin this now so think i mat try and see how much it is going to cost me for a garage to do it

all you need is a new stud a socket set and a open type wheel nut and a washer.

pop out the broken one.

put the new one in and place a socket ovet the stud then a washer or 2 then the open ended wheel nut. start to tighten in and as it gets hard to tighten just losen if off and check that it's sitting right. then go and tighten it till it fits good. job done

hello and thanks for the replies

after much consideration i decided to give it a go myself. I thought anything i take off i can put back on so i cant do much wrong. I also (just out of interest) phoned a few garages for a price. The tyre place I use quoted me £15. few local gargaes said no more then £20, National tyres made the oooo errr noises and then said 2 hours labour £90. REDICULOUS. Only problem with the cheaper prices is they could not do it till friday.

Anyway at 3.30 yesterday afternoon the car got jacked up and by half 5 i was done. Although most of this time was spent searching for tools and how to's on here, cups of tea and talking to neighbours. so all in all a good day

and for anyone wanting to know the stud cost me £2.46

Thanks to all who replied

Joe

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links