Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Help With Key Fob

I am a new lexus owner, and new to LOC also, and visit the petrol pump more regularly than I use to!

I need some help regarding my key fob. I have a 3 button mastr key for which I have just forked out £215 to Lexus to provide me with a second 3 button key and program it - ouch, that really hurt especuially this time of month, ouch ouch!

The master key Battery is running out; the guy I bought the car from has superglued the fob so I did not risk breaking the fob and got another master made from Lexus.

I obviously want to fix the original key. I need a new 3 button fob and blade. I will try and take the electronics out of the broken master and fit them into the new one.

the questions I have.

1. Where can I get a 3 button fob with a blank blade? (apprantly some forums say the eBay ones are no good)

2. If in the process of opening the old fob I break the electronics - where is the best place to buy a 3 button fob with all the electronics and blade?

3. How do you program a new key

4. best way to open the superglued fob - Acetone, nail polish remover?

5. Is there anyone around the London area that would provide this service for a cheaper (much cheaper) price than Lexus!

I would appreciate any help; as with all things, the question is only simple if you know the answer!

Blank keys off eBay are fine, mate- the blades are a little long (meaning the key will stick out a bit more than the original key).

You can also get 2nd hand fobs off eBay as well- you just gotta keep a eye out.

There are instructions on the forum somewhere on how to program the keys- do a search and all will be revealed.

I am a new lexus owner, and new to LOC also, and visit the petrol pump more regularly than I use to!

I need some help regarding my key fob. I have a 3 button mastr key for which I have just forked out £215 to Lexus to provide me with a second 3 button key and program it - ouch, that really hurt especuially this time of month, ouch ouch!

The master key battery is running out; the guy I bought the car from has superglued the fob so I did not risk breaking the fob and got another master made from Lexus.

I obviously want to fix the original key. I need a new 3 button fob and blade. I will try and take the electronics out of the broken master and fit them into the new one.

the questions I have.

1. Where can I get a 3 button fob with a blank blade? (apprantly some forums say the ebay ones are no good)

2. If in the process of opening the old fob I break the electronics - where is the best place to buy a 3 button fob with all the electronics and blade?

3. How do you program a new key

4. best way to open the superglued fob - Acetone, nail polish remover?

5. Is there anyone around the London area that would provide this service for a cheaper (much cheaper) price than Lexus!

I would appreciate any help; as with all things, the question is only simple if you know the answer!

I second Kam05's post, I bought a replacement for my last IS and used it all the time and kept the original as the spare, never faulted the replacement, for my current IS I bought a 3 and a 2 button and again both are fine, one was from uk and one from over seas, and that one took aaaaaaages to arrive

now programming took me a couple of attempts, but I did get there in the end, so if you follow one of the online guides and it doesn't work, try again :D

Blank keys off ebay are fine, mate- the blades are a little long (meaning the key will stick out a bit more than the original key).

You can also get 2nd hand fobs off ebay as well- you just gotta keep a eye out.

There are instructions on the forum somewhere on how to program the keys- do a search and all will be revealed.

The blades are not always long. It depends on which one you buy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links