Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Fog/brake Light Conversion ?

Seen a few UK IS200 with either a rear brake or sidelight conversion done on the circular rear fog lights, looks cool, is this easy to do and any1 got a guide for either one of them plz? and what parts i require im guessing i need a double filament bulb holder ?

Cheers

you need to go to the scrappys and get the bulb holders you find in your outer light's............

heres the link........................................

fog conversion

very easy to do mate i've done it to a few cars now.....

I quite fancy this but am useless at these soughts of things. Can anyone in the North London area do this for me?? saw the conversion while on holidays in the Caribbean and it looks real cool. I already have one of the bulb holders and will be visiting a breakers on Friday so hope to source some more.

• 1 year later...

This is how I did mine. Very cheap and easy cost me £3.00.Hi all, please follow this link for details on how to convert your rear fog lights to also act as brake lights - these details also allow the fogs to act normally if required.

BE AWARE THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT ROAD LEGAL AND IS DESIGNED FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY.

CLIck link for the WORD DOC

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/attachmen...20MOD.doc]click

Edited by Monster-Mat, 19 December 2005 - 12:18 AM.

MacRS200

19 Dec 2005

Took some tips off the Au site and modified the method to make it easier, in my opinion.

I used 2 x P600A diodes but any P600X series will do the job. They have a forward current of 6A and a minimum blocking voltage of 50V. Remember that the current will be blocked by the end with the stripe (cathode).

First take some long nosed pliers and bend the wire from the cathode end of each diode like this

Next trim back the ends of the wires to leave about 10mm of the straight part and I used some earth sleeve to provide some insulation

Take about a metre of 8A automotive wire and strip about 10mm of insulation off one end

Next using a pair of pliers twist the diode wires together and securely crimp on a through connector. Trim the other diode wires back to about 20mm in length and slip on 10mm of sleeve onto each.

Securely crimp on through connectors to the remaining diode wires and the 8A wire into the other end of one leg.

You are now ready to fit this to the car. Open the boot and on the left hinge you will see the cable loom flexible conduit. Unclip one of the clips off the hinge and carefully cut the insulation tape holding it closed. Pull out the wires and find the two green wires with a brown stripe and a metallic blue fleck. These feed the fog lights.

Cut the wires and strip back about 15mm of insulation.

Twist the ends of the feed and load wires together.

Now take the diodes and insert the ends of the wires into the two through connectors and securely crimp them ensuring that the cathode ends of the diodes are connected to the feed to the lights.

Now you need to pull off the boot liner on the left hand side to get access to the back of the rear light. Remove the rear light and pull out the grommet, carefully cut back the insulating tape on the inside of the grommet and find the green wire with a white stripe, this is the power to the brake light. Pass the end of the 8A wire through the grommet hole and use a "scotch lock" to connect into the brake light feed wire.

Now test it all out. Use insulating tape to tape over the brake wire connection and replace the grommet and light. Tape up the flexible conduit by the boot hinge including the diodes leaving the feed from the brake light outside. Tape on the retaining clip and press back into the hinge arm. Use tape to secure the brake feed wire to the flexible conduit ensuring that you leave enough slack in the wire for the boot to close. And finally replace the boot liner

Edited by MacRS200, 31 August 2007 - 06:29 PM.

Monster-Mat

19 Dec 2005

Added this to Robs Word Doc

" slightly different variations on the same theme

Edited by Monster-Mat, 19 December 2005 - 12:15 AM.

Share Share

English (GB)

Get the free IP.Board App for Iphone now!

Got myself a set of orig bulb holders, so gonna be doing the quad tail light/break light mod next week, weather permitting lol.

Also gonna take my feeds from the spoiler break light and number plate lights, saves having to run wires from the rear cluster up the boot hinge, keeping it all behind the boot lid cover, nice and tidy. :P

as an mot tester this mod isnt illegall as all lights still work you have just added more functions to the ones youve got......

i also have the ones on the boot that flash when i brake along with the high level which flashes too

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links