Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacing Headlamps On Ls400 Mk Iv

Hi,

I subscribed yesterday to the Toyota TIS website where I should have found everything I ever wanted on any Lexus, Toyota or Scion... I went there and paid the $15 fee for 2 days, looked for anything related to the replacement of the headlamps on a 1999 or 2000 Mk IV, and found nothing. The only items mentioned in the repair manual show the lights control around the wheel, and the location of the headlights on the car...

On older Mk I, II, or III, and on later 430 and 460, the website shows you how to remove and replace the headlamps assembly, the bulbs, etc. But for the LS400 Mk IV it does not appear anywhere! WTF?!

Does anybody have any info or tutorial about this?

I was thinking of subscribing to alldatadiy, but I don't want to waste more money if the website has this info for every car BUT a LS400 Mk IV...

FrankB

The procedure for removing the headlights is essentially the same for all LS400's. First remove the front turn signals (or city lights on the Mk I,II,III) to expose one or two bolts/screws holding the headlight unit to the body. Remove those bolts/screws and the bolts/screws holding the headlight units to the car body on the inboard side. Pull the headlight units out of the body and unplug the electrical connectors.

Getting the indicator assemblies out isn't as easy as just pulling upwards from the bottom and outwards as described. I was convinced I was going to break mine by simply pulling with my fingers, so I used a large screwdriver as a lever to pry them out (protecting the surrounding paintwork I may add). They popped out remarkably easily without any damage using this method. You can then access the 2 bolts behind the light fitting,the other 2 being readily accessed.

The headlight fitting just needed pulled and twisted to get it out of the aperature - I was changeing sidelight bulbs.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links