Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sizing Down

AKY-B

hello all, some of u may laugh, but ia m considering sizing down from my oem 18 inch 5 spokes on my 2004 ls430 to 17 inchers.has any one done this ,and if so is it a straight swap? i would go from 245/45/18 to 225/55/17.

any feedback welcome. thaqnks

hello all, some of u may laugh, but ia m considering sizing down from my oem 18 inch 5 spokes on my 2004 ls430 to 17 inchers.has any one done this ,and if so is it a straight swap? i would go from 245/45/18 to 225/55/17.

any feedback welcome. thaqnks

hi am new to the loc, i was trying to find out the same thing for my girlfriends dad as he has a gs300 18" alloys i one of them had cracked on the iner side of the rim (god dam pot holes on low pro tyres) and could'nt find the same one to replace it

after alot of searching and coming up with nothing i phoned one of the big alloy wheel companys and made out i wanted to buy a new set to get the info out of them, from what he was saying you can down size the alloy wheel but to have to keep the rolling road size of the wheel the same eg 18" alloy + 2" for tyre = 20" total if you down size to 17" you have to make it up with a 3" tyre = again 20" total if you dont then you 1 will end up with a lower car to the ground that in turn will give you bad road handlying and also will lower your mpg he did start to go on about gear ratios and how it can damage the gearbox ect ect but by then he had lost me lol.

hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links