Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best On Fuel. Ucf10 Or The Ucf20

ive seen a nice UCF20. see other post. But will it do less per gallon than my UCF10.

Autotrader-performance etc state;

Fuel consumption (urban) 16.1 mpg

Fuel consumption (extra urban) 30.4 mpg

Fuel consumption (combined) 23 mpg for the UCF20

Fuel consumption (urban) 21.2 mpg

Fuel consumption (extra urban) 35.6 mpg

Fuel consumption (combined) 29.4 mpg for the UCF10

the UCF hand book states

Fuel consumption (urban) 20 mpg

Fuel consumption (extra urban) 35.3 mpg

Fuel consumption (combined) 28.8 mpg

But what does the hand book state for the UCF20? If you have one will you have a look and post please.

Id might trade up but im at the budget limit for fuel as it is.

ive seen a nice UCF20. see other post. But will it do less per gallon than my UCF10.

Fuel consumption (urban) 21.2 mpg

Fuel consumption (extra urban) 35.6 mpg

Fuel consumption (combined) 29.4 mpg for the UCF10

the UCF hand book states

Fuel consumption (urban) 20 mpg

Fuel consumption (extra urban) 35.3 mpg

Fuel consumption (combined) 28.8 mpg

But what does the hand book state for the UCF20? If you have one will you have a look and post please.

Id might trade up but im at the budget limit for fuel as it is.

Hi

In all the comparisons I've seen, the MKIII comes out best. But then it all depends on how its driven.

This apparent discrepancy in the fuel consumptions has come about because the governmental testing method changed. This topic comes up over & over.

ALL LS MODELS - 400s and 430s (and probably even 460s!) have broadly similar fuel consumptions.

In my Lexus "Official Fuel Economy Information" leaflet, dated March 1996, the figures for the LS400 Mk3 are as follows (mpg):

93/116/EEC

Urban 16.1

Extra-urban 28.2

Combined 22.1

80/1268/EEC

Urban 20.3

Steady 56mph 36.2

Steady 75mph 29.7

Hark at the bean - as Skellington might say.

I choose the MK-iii car, because it seems to have the best economy.

I got my data off the www.lexus.co.uk site, in the used car area, where all the specs of all the cars are listed.

On the motorway, I get 28 with out trying, includes cruising at 75.

When I tootle at 60 and take great care, I have see over 32 too.

Round town not too bad either.

In 30k miles, I have averaged 27.5mpg, but 75% of my miles will be motorway, but I also do 1 thousand towing miles a year.

Get a Mk-III, they are great, I am actually on my second one now.

Its gone! I missed it. But thanks for the help. Seems the MK111 is no real difference t the MK11 in mpg.

Heres looking. :blink:

am I not right in thinking the vvti of the mk4 should improve economy and performance?

no idea about the offical figures..... but i get about 24-25mpg around town in my mk4, used to get nearer 16-18mp with my old mk1 (although my old mk1 really needed a service.... dunno if that made much difference)

Its gone! I missed it. But thanks for the help. Seems the MK111 is no real difference t the MK11 in mpg.

Heres looking. :blink:

am I not right in thinking the vvti of the mk4 should improve economy and performance?

no idea about the offical figures..... but i get about 24-25mpg around town in my mk4, used to get nearer 16-18mp with my old mk1 (although my old mk1 really needed a service.... dunno if that made much difference)

Hi guys,

Just picking up on these earlier figures: they represent almost exactly what I used to get on my old 1992 LS400 to 189k miles and also what I get now on my 1994 LS400 with 32500 miles !

Motorway cruising at 70 is good ! Keeps my credit card a little happier.

Malc

I've been monitoring the mpg on my latest LS (mkIV) had it about 4 weeks now.

Average 22.2mpg.

It has been far from normal driving though I have covered 580 miles in that time a fair bit of it on the motorway and a lot in the town.

But what makes it impressive to me at least is that 211 miles of that was towing a 1500kg caravan with roughly 50 of those on the motorway.

No trips planned for a few weeks so will be interested to see what it does under more normal conditions.

Trouble is I still fall foul of the pedal to the metal issue.

I've never had an LS that is quite so willing to just get up go and then the mpg (obviously) just falls away.

There is a hill that I regularly go up, it's where the road has been a long busy single lane and it splits in two just as it starts a steep incline, to pass those 4 cars and a semi trailer ahead it's hard to the floor and it really fly's but then she does about 4mpg.

Must stop doing that..........

forgot to add I am using Tesco premium (or what ever it's called)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links