Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Creaking Sound From The Rear (Window) ?

Hi guys!

I own a 2006 IS220D Sport with 75' km on the clock, and lately it has developed some sort of creaking sound coming from the rear of the car whenever I drive over speed bumps or the car is somewhat rolling on the side when driving slow on uneven roads.

It sounds like it's coming from the inside near the rear wind screen.

The odd thing is that it's not happening all the time, and I 'think' it's happening mostly when it is sunny and warm outside.

Does anyone else have or have had this issue? Other than this sound (which is fairly annoying at times) the car is absolutely dead silent.

ALSO: Lately I've noticed at speeds like 40mph in 4th or 5th gear cruisin' along with very light throttle it seems to have a very small but still noticable hickup / hesitation. Like a ongoing loss of power every second or so. But if I give it a little more throttle it is smooth again. Anyone know what could be causing this, or if it is supposed to be like that?

Thank you for your responses.

Hi guys!

I own a 2006 IS220D Sport with 75' km on the clock, and lately it has developed some sort of creaking sound coming from the rear of the car whenever I drive over speed bumps or the car is somewhat rolling on the side when driving slow on uneven roads.

It sounds like it's coming from the inside near the rear wind screen.

The odd thing is that it's not happening all the time, and I 'think' it's happening mostly when it is sunny and warm outside.

Does anyone else have or have had this issue? Other than this sound (which is fairly annoying at times) the car is absolutely dead silent.

I have the exact same issue, except my car is an IS250 SE-L 56 plate with 52k on clock. Anybody with suggestions/fixes?

Regards,

Gary

I have the exact same issue, except my car is an IS250 SE-L 56 plate with 52k on clock. Anybody with suggestions/fixes?

Regards,

Gary

I have the same problem. It does indeed only happen when its warm and looking around it does appear to be the rear window and caused by the space clips that are installed by the factory at build.

More info here: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/217445-urgggg-creaking-back-window-when-sun-hits-it.html

and what appears to be fixes here albeit for a GS!: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=60368

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links