Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres: Goodyear Efficientgrip

starkey444

I need to replace two rear tyres on my IS250.

I've been pricing up Bridgstone RE050's (but they wore down much quick than the Dunlop P9000s which are on the front), Toyo T1R's (which I hear give good grip but are soft so dont last long), Falken 452's (mixed reviews), Goodyear F1 Assymetric (good handling but soft?) and Dunlop Sport Maxx (not bad).

Then I came across the Goodyear EfficientGrip tyres. Whilst they dont look as good as some of the Assymetrics, they are meant to last a long time without adversely affecting performance.

Has anyone had any experience with these EfficientGrip tyres? Are they any good (noisy/quiet? rim protector? wear well?)

I do mixed driving and I rate my style half way between Sunday-afternoon-grandad and two-wheel-cornering-boy-racer, so I won't be punishing my tyres with anything extreme.

Any thoughts much appreciated on these EfficientGrips before I splash out?

I need to replace two rear tyres on my IS250.

I've been pricing up Bridgstone RE050's (but they wore down much quick than the Dunlop P9000s which are on the front), Toyo T1R's (which I hear give good grip but are soft so dont last long), Falken 452's (mixed reviews), Goodyear F1 Assymetric (good handling but soft?) and Dunlop Sport Maxx (not bad).

Then I came across the Goodyear EfficientGrip tyres. Whilst they dont look as good as some of the Assymetrics, they are meant to last a long time without adversely affecting performance.

Has anyone had any experience with these EfficientGrip tyres? Are they any good (noisy/quiet? rim protector? wear well?)

I do mixed driving and I rate my style half way between Sunday-afternoon-grandad and two-wheel-cornering-boy-racer, so I won't be punishing my tyres with anything extreme.

Any thoughts much appreciated on these EfficientGrips before I splash out?

Hi,dont know much about the Goodyear effiency grip tyres,however tyres made with the harder compound tend to last longer but have less grip,while those made of the softer compound have more grip but wear faster.Having said that I would not go for the toyo's as they are more race tyres and wear pretty quick,once had them on my mazda xedos 6.I currently have Falken 452's on the rear of my is 200 but will be changing them back to bridgestones when they are due for a change.

Also bear in mind that as your lexus is a rear drive car your rear tyres will always wear faster than the front obes just as in a front wheel drive car the front tyres wear faster.

Hope this helps.