Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Automatic Side Mirrors For 2006-07 Is Models

I have read that a lot of lexus drivers wish to have an automatic retract of the side mirrors. They will close automatically when engine is off and out again when engine is on, or somthing similar. I have read that there is an aftermarket circuit fot the is200 but not for is220d or is250 for model 06,07.

Anyone has done a modification or know about some aftermarket product for this job??

It is really annoying that when you go back to the car and notice you have forgot to close the mirrors! Help please!

I have read that a lot of lexus drivers wish to have an automatic retract of the side mirrors. They will close automatically when engine is off and out again when engine is on, or somthing similar. I have read that there is an aftermarket circuit fot the is200 but not for is220d or is250 for model 06,07.

Anyone has done a modification or know about some aftermarket product for this job??

It is really annoying that when you go back to the car and notice you have forgot to close the mirrors! Help please!

This question has been posted quite a few times. One of the long term members, 'Geoffers' produced a PCB design for the first generation IS and he did mention he was fed up with not having an auto fold on his second generation IS so was thinking of doing similar. However, I don't know if he ever did and I haven't seen him around for a year or so.

First gen. post here, but there are others if you use search, but none that I know refere to the second generation IS. http://www.lexusowne...opic=56201&st=0,

• 2 weeks later...

My IS220d was in for a service last week and they gave me an RX450h as a courtesy car.

Now, this car has auto folding mirrors - but they dont follow the engine, they follow the locking - when you lock the car they fold in, when you unlock the car they fold out. I think this is much better than folding in/out when you stop/start the engine.

It's possibly easier to implement in line with the central locking?

I am part way through the project, I have all the wiring diagrams needed but finding the connectors in the car is a right pain.

The ones I think I need are between the Skins of the Shell down by the driver footwell.

Will keep you informed.....

• 1 year later...

I am part way through the project, I have all the wiring diagrams needed but finding the connectors in the car is a right pain.

The ones I think I need are between the Skins of the Shell down by the driver footwell.

Will keep you informed.....

Hi

Have a look on my post .

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=75371

Australian kit

My IS220d was in for a service last week and they gave me an RX450h as a courtesy car.

Now, this car has auto folding mirrors - but they dont follow the engine, they follow the locking - when you lock the car they fold in, when you unlock the car they fold out. I think this is much better than folding in/out when you stop/start the engine.

It's possibly easier to implement in line with the central locking?

Hi...

I thought I would answer why the Po-40 kit is controlled by the Lock/Unlock trigger instead of the engine on/off.

My expert in Thailand says that arranging the trigger by the Central Locking process is not done because it is easier or cheaper! Doing it by engine On/Off is simple enough but he recommends against it for safety reasons.

Consider washing you car with the mirrors retracted (inconvenient!).

Another (but more imortant) example: You park you car at the side of the road, engine off and the mirrors retract - you can't see oncoming traffic. Much safer to clear yourself away from the car then retract the mirrors by remote Lock/Unlock.

Please see my contact details and description of the Po-40 Folding Mirror kit at this Lexus forum thread

(I finally worked out how to attach and upload images of the kit). The photos in the attachment show the wiring harness (incorporates a fuse) and the control box housing the embedded components. (The control box shown is a model that features an additional two pin connector for an optional speaker horn alarm. (one of my Sydney Australia users hates the cheap Toyota "beep" and uses that connector. Once stock clears we probably won't offer that additional connector).

Michael

(MichaelR@ashpoint.com.au)

Po-40_images.pdf

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links