Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Squeeking When Braking And Turning

D6NGR

Hi everyone as all of you's know I am having problem after problem with this lexus about 9:30pm my car started making squeeking noises when braking and also when turning the steering wheel left to right and also does the same noise when driving stopped the car and started rocking the drivers side up and down and its making a squeeking noise did the other side and thats oryt its the drivers side again had a problem with that side when my caliper went which was not long ago Help people on what can it be. Looks like the turbo and forged engine has to be on hold for now really annoys me when i'm starting to enjoy the car and plan something big to do with it something go's wrong and it goes all pearded shape Arghhh THIS CAR IS JINX'ED....

d6ngr cheer up mate - the more you say a car is jinxed the more you think it is - the reason us chaps love cars is cos theyre mechanical and logical and can allways be fixed (unlike women) - might be time to find yourself a new mechanic or garage in your area tbh - i know its annoying but maybe a main dealer can help - my car was driving me mad with odd noises after some very shoddy work was done by an independant with a good reputation - main dealer cured everything for me

Hi,

This is a common problem on all cars at this time of year not necessarily just Lexus brands and comes about due to the harvesting of cereal crops by farmers.

The mice in the fields containing the wheat,barley etc obviously make a run for it when a 10 ton combine harvester enters the field and make their nearest escape to safety.

This does unfortunately include the wheel arches of nearby cars and they tend to resettle primarily between front suspension coil springs where they feel safe.

Unfortunately once the car moves this frightens the mouse and it begins to squeak as you describe,particularly when you are going around a corner as the mouse has to hold on for dear life to avoid falling under the tyre.

When the car is stationary and you press down on the wing this compresses the spring and gently squeezes the mouse again resulting in the squeak you hear.

The solution is jack up the car,remove the road wheel and then carefully examine the upper and lower control arm bushes and ball joints,anti roll bar bushes and the strut mounting basically anything rubber in the suspension set up.Spray anything suspect with WD40 and see if the noise goes away or becomes less evident as this may assist locating the problem.

If the car has had replacement poly bushes fitted these do tend to make a noise so re-lubing them with the correct type of grease may help.

P.S. Don't worry about the mouse it will by now have run off! :whistling:

Hi,

This is a common problem on all cars at this time of year not necessarily just Lexus brands and comes about due to the harvesting of cereal crops by farmers.

The mice in the fields containing the wheat,barley etc obviously make a run for it when a 10 ton combine harvester enters the field and make their nearest escape to safety.

This does unfortunately include the wheel arches of nearby cars and they tend to resettle primarily between front suspension coil springs where they feel safe.

Unfortunately once the car moves this frightens the mouse and it begins to squeak as you describe,particularly when you are going around a corner as the mouse has to hold on for dear life to avoid falling under the tyre.

When the car is stationary and you press down on the wing this compresses the spring and gently squeezes the mouse again resulting in the squeak you hear.

The solution is jack up the car,remove the road wheel and then carefully examine the upper and lower control arm bushes and ball joints,anti roll bar bushes and the strut mounting basically anything rubber in the suspension set up.Spray anything suspect with WD40 and see if the noise goes away or becomes less evident as this may assist locating the problem.

If the car has had replacement poly bushes fitted these do tend to make a noise so re-lubing them with the correct type of grease may help.

P.S. Don't worry about the mouse it will by now have run off! :whistling:

hahaha like that one seriously lads i've had the car now 4months and i've spent over a grand on the bloody thing not even enjoying it and whn i do a problem pops up!!!!

The car is booked for tomorrow at Lexus bolton to get a full check over and and see what's the problem with it its going to cost me £50 :huh:

My car goes into main dealer couple of times a year for visual safety check for which I have never been charged. These should show any faults in brakes, steering, suspension, lights, tyres....in fact most things and also gets washed and vacced. Incidentally Lexus dealers are now doing service on Lexus vehicles over 5 years old at reduced prices. Not sure on IS but GS is £119 "A" service, £199 "B" service according to my local dealer.......annoying as I had a "B" service done in June!

got a full report of the car and the only problems is that its got inner bold tyres!!! :huh:

Did they charge you the £50.? So what is causing your squeeks since it won't be bald tyres causing it. Is it maybe the current changeable weather drying out joints in the dry and then them getting wet in the rain which would quite possibly cause the symptoms you described.

Lucky they spotted the tyres if they are bald on inside as apart from the safety aspect they could also cost a lot in fines and points on your licence.....with resultant increase in insurance premiums.

Hope you get everything sorted on your car soon and at minimal cost so you can really enjoy driving it.

but its mad that it was making them horrible noise's and grinding but when i took it to lexus and £50 out of pocket it was oryt and the technicion described the car to me as a solid genuine is200 with no faults excep the tires???

but its mad that it was making them horrible noise's and grinding but when i took it to lexus and £50 out of pocket it was oryt and the technicion described the car to me as a solid genuine is200 with no faults excep the tires???

But is it still making those noises? I assume that you were given an invoice for the "check" and a copy of the VSC check sheet recording any issues or clean bill of health. You should keep them safe in case anything does go wrong which should have been picked up on the check you paid for or on the VSC. If the noises are still there take a techie out with you driving and try to get the noises to "happen"

i have dave the technician did drive my car but no noise's were happening!!!!!!1

Hope its cured itself then and you get no more problems. Should you get further issues it is usually better if YOU drive the car and let the techie sit as passenger since he will drive differently to you and may not therefore replicate things that happen when you are driving.

I think i have jinx'ed myself guys the noise is back arghhhhh bloody stupid noise'ssssss

It may be the weather. Try leaving your car in gear without applying the parking brake for a few days and see if that makes any difference, or call in at your local dealer and get a techie to sit in passenger seat whilst you drive and see what they reckon.

I've already done that dave mate it has been oryt sinse the past 9 days i think i'm going to have to do a trip to charlseworth motors because its comimg from my front caliper what i got put on new from them!!!!

bloody noise is getting louder and also annoying when driving,turning and braking it squeeks and grinds from the front drivers side what the hell could it bloody be!!!!!! Very Confused!!!!!!

bloody noise is getting louder and also annoying when driving,turning and braking it squeeks and grinds from the front drivers side what the hell could it bloody be!!!!!! Very Confused!!!!!!

I'm getting confused now. You posted the following after my last suggestion a couple of days ago:

"I've already done that dave mate it has been oryt sinse the past 9 days i think i'm going to have to do a trip to charlseworth motors because its comimg from my front caliper what i got put on new from them!!!!"

Did you not go back and get your new caliper sorted?

after i posted that dave the noise went but my bloody luck it has come back again and also my luck again my insurance has been cancelled today so very devastated not driven it all day its been sat on my drive need some insurance help lol!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links