Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who's Rolling With A Fiberglass Front Bumper?

Jimxms

As the title says guys, I'm looking to hear some feedback from you guys that are running with fibreglass front bumpers?

I know they'll never be as strong as the OEM parts, but are they really as bad as some people make out?

I REALLY want to change my front bumper, but its just impossible to get hold of the Legana one for example.

Yeah I think they're more durable than maybe they're made out to be but it won't take much of an impact to make it crack whereas a plastic bumper would just flex a bit and be fine.

In terms of the legana fibreglass is the only real way though so there isn't much of an option.......

In my experience, fibreglass bumpers (when not too thin) are alright but as said above, just not very forgiving when it comes to flex. So long as it comes from a reputable source.

The key is not to hit anything :lol:

I was surprised to learn no corporate members supply decent quality FG or Carbon body panels for LOC in all honesty. I do think its a false economy buying cheaper eBay kits because you'll spend more getting a bodyshop to get them to fit! That and 9 times of out 10, the FG quality is appalling.

• 2 weeks later...

fibre glass... NO WAY id rather go without.. the amount of times ive hit , scraped, scuffed, my bumper,, im just glad mines plastic..

as above!!

right you are very carfull you keep away from everyone your bumpers fine come the winter grit on the road etc your bumper will be wasted!!

Years ago i had fitted a big rear spoiler for my mazda from pow-r.co.uk(never again from there, grr!! ) that was fibre glass and must say the quality was bad, cracks started to appear even when had it repaired, it looked good tho along with alot of stuff & that lagana bumper you want but close up, no no unless you spend long time on preparation that will make it look better finish when it comes to painting it, you can be careful however some others out there wont be so kind say in a car park or a tight space. only fibre glass item i get is a bumper spoiler for an OEM bumper

Years ago i had fitted a big rear spoiler for my mazda from pow-r.co.uk(never again from there, grr!! ) that was fibre glass and must say the quality was bad, cracks started to appear even when had it repaired, it looked good tho along with alot of stuff & that lagana bumper you want but close up, no no unless you spend long time on preparation that will make it look better finish when it comes to painting it, you can be careful however some others out there wont be so kind say in a car park or a tight space. only fibre glass item i get is a bumper spoiler for an OEM bumper

I agree. i got a front splitter for my OEM bumper.If anything goes wrong at least its just the splitter.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumper arrived.....snapped in half. LOL!

Luckily I've got a refund for it (apart from the painting), but it's convinced me not go for fiberglass in future. Also the quality of the part wasn't too great and it would have needed a lot of work to get it fitted properly.

So for now I'm going to improve the look of my car with some new 18"s :D

• 3 weeks later...

fibre glass splitters ok! bumpers no way dude! ive a BMW with fibre glass bumpers and there ******, cracked bodged selling whos buying thaught not its not that bumper again is it? f**k f**k f**k f**kingthing! looks ok from a distance though,of about a mile or if i pass someone very quickly its just a blurr lol,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links