Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav & Control Screen Ls430

Has anyone experienced this problem? I have a Jan 04 LS430. The control panel only works intermittently which means that I can't reset air con, radio, or use the sat nav. When the panel is not working, neither are the rear cameras, although the warning still sounds. When it is working, the screen appears to react normally. Lexus completely unhelpful and say I must buy a complete new unit, the fitting etc of which will probably cost more than the car is worth. I haven't been able to locate any recoditioned units or anyone else prepared to work on this problem. Any advice welcomed!

WenJ

Has anyone experienced this problem? I have a Jan 04 LS430. The control panel only works intermittently which means that I can't reset air con, radio, or use the sat nav. When the panel is not working, neither are the rear cameras, although the warning still sounds. When it is working, the screen appears to react normally. Lexus completely unhelpful and say I must buy a complete new unit, the fitting etc of which will probably cost more than the car is worth. I haven't been able to locate any recoditioned units or anyone else prepared to work on this problem. Any advice welcomed!

WenJ

Hi WenJ and welcome.

Whilst you wait for a fellow 430 owner to respond, use the search facility. You will probably have to try various search terms but the answer may well be there.

This looks like becoming a "common problem" as of yet no one has fond the cause but my bet is an intermittent connection, poor soldering or leaky capacitors as in the earlier LS400s

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls430/452218-02-touch-screen-not-working.html

• 11 months later...

WenJ

Hi WenJ and welcome.

Whilst you wait for a fellow 430 owner to respond, use the search facility. You will probably have to try various search terms but the answer may well be there.

WenJ

Hi WenJ and welcome.

Hi, I have the same model same year and same problem. I have mine fixed just back yesterday. There is no short-cut to this and you need to have the screen removed and sent to Autosound in Bradford, they refurbished mine at a cost of around £700. I got my local Lexus dealer in Edinburgh to remove the screen and send it off for me. Autosound look at it with their high tech equipment and then ask for authorisation from you to do the repair. Considering a new screen costs around £2000 I just had to bite the bullet and get it done.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links