Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car Stickered Up

Right, well here she is.....................all finished................................what a bloody nightmare!!! A few bubles i need to heat out once everythings settled down.

Next up....................................bodykit and exhaust.......................exhaust is here a;ready to put on this weekend

Hope you like

P1010554.jpg

P1010555.jpg

P1010556.jpg

P1010557.jpg

P1010559.jpg

P1010560.jpg

P1010562.jpg

P1010563.jpg

P1010564.jpg

P1010565.jpg

P1010566.jpg

P1010561.jpg

Next day

Calipers done , and a quick engine bay clean, nothing major though, as its the wifes birthday so time is short lol!

So engine bay before

P1010567.jpg

P1010568.jpg

P1010569.jpg

P1010570.jpg

5 mins of work

P1010571.jpg

P1010572.jpg

Then onto the calipers. Decided to use Halfords purely down to the fact no one had blue hammerite in stock. I was hoping the colour would be a close match for the blue decals on my car. Well a gust of wind later answered my question. a plastic tub was blown off the shelf by the wind and knocked the can of paint off............ this was the results................. all 250ml over the floor. Well - at least I was confident the colour was perfect!!! - so off to Halfords again lol

P1010573.jpg

Overall - a very good paint tbh - which shocked me being a Halfords product. - not too thick, not too thin. Very good coverage - one coat blued them, second coat made them nice and solid looking.

Have also done the hubs silver. i have painted right onto the disk as well so the annoying little bit between the hub and the disk that isnt touched by the pads is painted as well. The overpaint will just scrub off after a couple minutes of using the brakes........as will the blue i some how managed to get onto the discs as well lol

Car is sitting a bit high now until springs settle back down again - just need to find the time to wash her now !

So here's the results.

P1010574.jpg

P1010575.jpg

P1010576.jpg

P1010577.jpg

P1010578.jpg

P1010579.jpg

Then off for a drive some hard braking finshes them off nicely, and makes everything perfect and round !!

P1010583.jpg

P1010582.jpg

P1010581.jpg

Cheers

Mike

Graphics look well fitted only comments are sides are very busy with all the flowers and the company name stands out well but the contact details don't and they are the most important details. Also busy front and sides then the back has been forgotten, this is an important view as people behind you in traffic ques read this, also carparks with people walking past the back.

I would consider something on the back even if only contact details.

Kind regards

Russell.

I would avoid to much more floral stuff sometimes less is more and if you put to much floral on i think you risk not seeing the wood for the trees so to speak, as the car is already vey busy, remeber the car is an advert and if covered then when you drive past someone they will not have time to take anything in becasue they can not study it for long enough, make the bit you need to say be the bit there eyes are drawn to. I beleave if you have a good website that is the best to push. All I have on mine is the web address.

There is not much area on the back of an IS but it is an important area.

This is how i did the rear on mine.

E52004.jpg

Kind regards

Russell.

yes i like but heres the but i believe graphics should mean something having something that brand on the car,like what have you got thats trd?apexi?skewer?kyb,etc??also if you get the trd front lip it will cover the shell stickers.

also remove the rear fog and wire in the fog lights on the boot.

but looks a very clean one..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links